Howdy from Southern Louisisana

Started by Padre, May 01, 2013, 10:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padre

Hey y'all,

My name's Kevin. Found my way here originally when I needed to remove the spool bearings from a Daiwa Coastal 153h. Didn't know about pin pliers then. I moved to Baton Rouge the first of last year and went from being primarily a fly fisherman for trout, smallmouth, and occasionally redfish and tarpon to a full blown addict for kayak fishing for reds and largemouth bass. Southern Louisiana is the perfect environment for me. I fish mainly Nautilus fly reels, Shimano spinning and baitcast reels, along with a couple of Daiwas and an Avet. I try to take excellent care of my fishing gear because it's dear to me and expensive. I get emotionally attached to my tackle, and I want it to last. I would much rather learn to tear down and maintain my own stuff than pay someone else to care for it, and this seems by far the best place to learn. I'll go ahead and apologize now for any painfully obvious questions I'm sure to ask, but you know the expression - there are no stupid questions, only stupid people. (I don't really believe that, but it makes me laugh.) Thanks to Mr. Tani for this great site and to everyone for your help.

Best,
Kevin

Bryan Young

Kevin, welcome. You are among good company.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

welcome!  glad we finally got you thought the spam filter.  i deleted 50 pages of spammers this morning, only 12 hours worth.  i've had to stop trying to find legit log in attempts because there are too many to go through individually. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

saltydog

Welcome from Texas and you've come to the right place.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Cone

Welcome! I was always told the only dumb question is the one you won't ask. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Brian A

Dominick

Kevin:  Welcome and don't forget that dumb questions are easy to answer.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Kevin, welcome to Mr. Tani's neigborhood...

BMITCH

Welcome Kevin, now I'm not alone with the dumb questions.lol. Good luck and glad to have your input. Bob
luck is the residue of design.