Thanks Alan, Brian and members!

Started by tomartomau, May 07, 2013, 09:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomartomau

After finding this website and using the information found here as a guide I felt confident to service my reels, Abu 1600ciar, Penn 950ssm, Charter Special and Shimano Speedmaster. The CS and the S/mster are new and they were upgraded to carmon fibre drags (thanks Dawn).

I used Inox MX3 to clean bearings and spray side plates [pressurized spray] (be careful not to mix with grease as it appears to break the grease down).
Inox MX5 which is the MX3 plus PTFE for bearings.
Inox MX8 for gears and some bearings (great grease).
Inox MX6 for drag washers (no melting point also with PTFE)

In short I decided to stick with Aussie made products, they are readily available and widely respected here.

Here is a link to the post that I started about reel maintenance, also a couple of references have been made to thank you Alan,Brian and the members on this site for your help, without you guys there is no way I would attempt my own maintenance.

Cheers

http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/tackle-rods-and-reels/437959-reel-maintenance#473599

Bryan Young

Awe thanks.  I wish the site would let me register and log in just to see what you said.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D