Ambu gear question..

Started by Fishit 2, December 08, 2013, 10:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishit 2

Does anyone know where you can buy a set of lower gears such as the 3.8 or 4.7 for the 6500 or 6501 series? I have been trying to find a set one the Fleabay but the sellers never show you the guts of the reel only a pic. I am trying to put together a bait combo for next season, I have an older 6500C that could use a little work, its equipped with the 5.3 which I find too fast.
President of the Down Beach High Class Hookers fishing Club.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Lee, will the 5600 fit the 6600 C4? i'm just the bearer of bad news...

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/abu-garcia-5600-winch-ambassadeur-parts-c-187196_187197_187416.html

probably this will be one of those treasure hunts.  :) ;D

Keta

Quote from: Mel B on December 09, 2013, 01:05:23 PM
Lee, will the 5600 fit the 6600 C4? i'm just the bearer of bad news...

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/abu-garcia-5600-winch-ambassadeur-parts-c-187196_187197_187416.html

probably this will be one of those treasure hunts.  :) ;D

They are interchangeable.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Fishit 2

It looks like I will have to find a reel with this'd gears I guess - I mailed a few sellers on eBay and they couldn't tell me gears they had in the reels they were selling so I have to find an older 6500C and divide the number if pinion teeth with the number if gear teeth(or the other way around) to find the gear ratio I need.

Ken_D

Hello. As seen at the e replacment site, as well as the Pure fishing 2013 price list, the 3.8 main gear is gone,
nla no longer avail. Pinion still a good number.  The latest 2014 reels, tho, now offer a 4.7 gearset, in between the regular 5.3 and 3.8, and well down from the 6.3 high speed set. Schematics are at Pure Fishing's page.

Fishit 2

I didn't realize they were releasing a new gear speed, that is great to know. Not sure why I haven't noticed this but only found info on the new C3's and rocket which are still 5.3 and the C4 at its 6.3.