new handle grips for 2013

Started by alantani, May 23, 2013, 04:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Unless penn standardized these in recent production reels. You are going to be disappointed. I mainly have older chrome bronze spools senators. The 6/0 handle wont fit a 12/0. Only the 9/0. Unless a custom sleeve has been installed. Maybe this picture is a little better to put it into perspective. My micrometer has a dead battery, so I can't use that to show you. The 6/0 (114H handle) is roughly 3/8" wide on the flat opening, the 12,14,and 16 handle is almost 1/2" wide.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Thanks...looks like I'll be drawing up another handle arm...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Got my $15 handle knobs.  They were all designed for the 114.  They fit the stock 115 handle arm w/o mods, the 116 needed a small collar, and the 117 needed the larger color to match the inside handle arm diameter.  Do your reel knobs come with these shims Alan?  
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Like I said in my previous post. The 114H handle is good for the 114 and 115. Not the 116 and up. I don't know what collars you are speaking of, but Alan's handles fit the handle end, not the sleeve end.
Lee makes some bad #### handle arms for these that you can use Alan's handles on. :)
Life is Good!

triumphrick

Greetings Alan,

I have a customer who wants a handle and arm for a Penn 10/0...

Can you ship me the best fit for that.

Thanks!

Rick's Reel Service
16032 Stur St.
Masaryktown, Fl 34604

Shark Hunter

Rick,
I don't think Alan makes a handle arm for a 10/0. He just makes the handle. There is a gentlemen on here named Lee that does. You can find him in Keta's Kustom Parts. If you just want a stock handle, I can fix you up. This is one of Lee's custom arms with Alan's handle on the left.

Life is Good!

triumphrick

It looks like the setup on the left is what my customer might be looking for...

Can you PM me a price, or should I go ahead and contact Lee to see if he has the complete setup.

I would hate to have to pay two shipping charges!

Thanks!

Shark Hunter

I had to pay two shipping charges for mine Rick. Its not cheap being cool.
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 02, 2014, 11:02:58 PM
I had to pay two shipping charges for mine Rick. Its not cheap being cool.

I don't know about "cool" but function is what this is all about. Longer arm outta #### kickin SS. And an awsome handle which is all about ergonomic's. This combo can't be beat!
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Function + Ergonomics + Looks = Cool 8)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 03, 2014, 01:05:43 AM
Function + Ergonomics + Looks = Cool 8)
My man Daron:  Mr. cool.  Maybe you ought to change your avatar to a photo of you in sunglasses.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

TomT

Rick,
I am sure you know this but Lee and Alan do a service for all of us and they have the lowest shipping rates around.  If you were able to buy both of these parts from a "reel" business in one transaction, I'll bet your total shipping rates from Lee & Alan would be a lower shipping rate.
TomT

floating doc

I have one (so far) Keta Krank, and the price was low enough that I was almost embarrassed. And that included shipping.

As for Alan's handles, they're reasonably priced as well, and his shipping charges are also negligible. It's pretty apparent to me that these guys are doing this because they love it. They're sure not getting rich!
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

I offered Rick a 10/0, 3 hole Keta Krank and a 5/0 handle of Alan's with the counterbored spindle for $50.
I think that's more than he wants to spend.
Life is Good!