new handle grips for 2013

Started by alantani, May 23, 2013, 04:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

Not necessarily....

All of these posts have happened in the evening here on the east coast. I have yet to reach my customer.

I will contact him today and see what he is willing to pay. I am not interested in marking anything up for him...he sends me lots of work. I just want to put a good handle blank and handle together for his 10/0.

Thanks so far for all you interest...it seems like a stock handle may even be in the works....

Shark Hunter

Understood Rick.
Here is that handle with the Barrel Grip.
Life is Good!

MFB

I would be keen on a longer arm for my 900H, does anybody make them?

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

LTM

Mark/MFB, are your referring to the Daiwa 900H?  If the handle for the 900h is the same as the Daiwa 600h, then the Penn 114 aka 6/0 handle is a perfect fit. Keta (on this forum in the for sale section) makes some nice handles. Also ebay has Daiwa 600h and Penn 114 (same thing) handles/griip combo's for sale. Just do an ebay search for Daiwa 600 handle.  Hope this helps.

Leo

MFB

Hi Leo,

Yes, but the 900H is bigger than the 600H, it maybe the same size as a 9/0, but I'm not sure. Already have Alan's drag upgrade & oversize handle grip on this. A longer handle would be the icing on the cake.

Rgds

Mark   
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

floating doc

Quote from: LTM on January 03, 2014, 07:56:41 PM
Mark/MFB, are your referring to the Daiwa 900H?  If the handle for the 900h is the same as the Daiwa 600h, then the Penn 114 aka 6/0 handle is a perfect fit. Keta (on this forum in the for sale section) makes some nice handles. Also ebay has Daiwa 600h and Penn 114 (same thing) handles/griip combo's for sale. Just do an ebay search for Daiwa 600 handle.  Hope this helps.

Leo

I'm glad I've been following this discussion. When I finish my current project, I'm going to install the 5+1 carbon fiber drags and double dog my 600H. I already have one of the Kolekar grips.
Central Florida

LTM

Alan,

Some of my recent Kolekar grips are binding and get slightly stuck when rotating around. How do I take the grips apart to oil/grease and fix these problems?

Thanx,

Leo

Shark Hunter

You need the correct size allen wrench to loosen the handle screw. Then you can separate the handle sleeve. Its probably dirty in there or dry and needs a little oil.
Life is Good!

planks5

Here is one of my toys..."ol skool" 2/0 handle from Alan...awesome!

DaBigOno

Quote from: planks5 on March 04, 2014, 04:53:50 AM
Here is one of my toys..."ol skool" 2/0 handle from Alan...awesome!

Looks great!  Thanks for sharing
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

I love the arm for the handle on that reel. Hmmmm I wonder if Keta could make some like that ??? ;D
luck is the residue of design.

LTM

Bob, thats the factory Saltiga handle.

Leo

Irish Jigger

DaBigOno

Quote from: BMITCH on March 04, 2014, 04:25:43 PM
I love the arm for the handle on that reel. Hmmmm I wonder if Keta could make some like that ??? ;D

Quote from: LTM on March 04, 2014, 05:09:42 PM
Bob, thats the factory Saltiga handle.

Quote from: Irish Jigger on March 04, 2014, 05:13:17 PM
And I think it's aluminium.

Yes, I wonder it Lee can make that arm is stainless steel.    Lee??     :D
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

Al, my point exactly. I know they offset or bend the arm in to reduce torque under load, right? Wouldn't it be great for say the penn jigmasters and 112h.
luck is the residue of design.