Help!!! Penn Accurate Jigmaster Gear 5:1 ratio

Started by Black Pearl, May 23, 2013, 08:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Alan, it's really "close enough" for anyone on a fish to notice a 1/4 turn of the spool.  We are talking 3" or so?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 23, 2013, 10:50:17 PM
Alan, it's really "close enough" for anyone on a fish to notice a 1/4 turn of the spool.  We are talking 3" or so?
To some people, it is better to have more. Don't you know more is better. If you don't believe me, you can check this link out ().

By the way, I also heard that the reason Accurate stopped making the Jigmaster 5:1 gear set because it was slipping when it was under stress. That will be another thing to think about.

BMITCH

Alan, I too read somewhere that the accurate gears tend to round off. I think the 4.8 is great. If they are half as good as the 113h gears they will be more than needed.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

bluefish69

Quote from: Black Pearl on May 23, 2013, 10:25:44 PM
Quote from: bluefish69 on May 23, 2013, 10:05:33 PM
I have a new set of Newell's  5-1 if that helps

Mike

Hi Mike,

Can you take post a picture of that Newell 5:1 ratio gears, please? Can you also test if it is really 5:1 ratio?

I would like to get you guys opinions on this JigMaster 500/ Penn 112H gear set. I see the following opinions.

1.) 4.8:1 ratio gear set. PRO: helical cutting, Smooth and quiet cranking. Cons: slower speed.
2.) 5:1 ratio gear set: PRO: Higher speed and smooth. Cons: Straight cutting and noisy.

So, which one should we go with?

I also heard that the reason Accurate stopped making the Jigmaster 5:1 gear set because it was slipping when it was under stress. That will be another thing to think about.

Thanks,
--Alan  

I know the main has 60 teeth but I never counted the pinion which I will do now. I have to open the kit.

Checked All teeth  -- 12 teeth on the Pinion & 60 on the Main
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.