raw ii dual force drag

Started by yota924x4, June 05, 2013, 01:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yota924x4

picked up a raw 30 and i decided to take the drag system apart and take a peek at the "dual force drag" and to make sure she is all greased up and ready to rock.   there is also a single screw access to lube the drive gears but it doesnt give to you alot of room to work with. 

the one tricky thing is they advertise "hydroblock water tight drag seal" which is a rubber plug under the knob but it only seals the top drag stack and there is plenty of room for water to get to the drag washer under the spool.

and one sexy reel handle

Bryan Young

That's one good looking reel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Richardr

Hi
I had both the Raw II 40 and 55, and I returned both to my dealer. The line lay/line management was terrible and the reels also had a rough feeling during retrieve.
I hope the new Azores spinning will be better...

hok

Hi there. I need your help. I have this reel Okuma Raw II 40 but I cannot remove the spool. How could you remove this spool?

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Hok,
To remove the spool simply unscrew the drag knob and remove - the spool will then pull off (may need a little wiggle as you pull)