Papa's old Beachmasters

Started by bhale1, April 21, 2018, 05:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhale1

hey all,
thought I would post a quick update on a thread I did last year. Those of you that have been around may remember the post/story from then.
Briefly, my girls had asked about being able to go on 1/2 day boats with me during our annual vacations to San Diego. I happily said yes, and set about making them each their own set ups. In a quest to learn how to narrow these little 155's, I was searching the site and PM'ing lots of questions to vendors ;D. finally, Alan C (Pro Challenger) suggested I contact Sal...I am happy I did!!! the girls each ended up with very nice first reels.  155's, narrowed,magged, new spools and spacer bars, and CF drags. Sweet little reels to say the least!. I had a few old rods, and let them each pick their own...heres that pic again from last year in SD. They each picked their own heat shrink grip colors.

So this year I decided to surprise them with a little upgrade, maybe some new handles were in order! This has been in the works with Ted (Maxed Out) for a while now, and I didn't tell them. The day they arrived I had them grab the rods to show the matching handles. I might add they were not thrilled having a pic taken, without time to do hair and faces after getting home from track practice.. ;)

So, lets mount them up...before....

and after.....

and here I tried to re-create another of those first post pics.....

the girls absolutely love them, they are "way more comfy dad", and cant wait to get out and use them.
A special thanks from me to Sal and Ted for making these happen. Bet "Papa" is smiling ;D
Brett

...oh yeah, pay no mind to that little CC Squidder in a few pics, that little guy gets another post ;D!

Donnyboat

A great photo of the two daughters with there very proud Dad, and rightly so, good work Brett, the reel with new handles look great, now for some photos of some fish, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Rivverrat

Well that'll work. Pretty daughters.... Jeff

Gfish

Pretty girls n' pretty rigs, can't beat that!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

gstours

👍. Thanks, for sharing the pictures.   You are very lucky to have those girls who also love their dad.  They will grow too fast.   The soft handles look comfortable.   Best wishes.

Alto Mare

Haha...beautiful reels, beautiful family! I must say, Ted's handles do make those complete... very nice.
That reminds me, I need to order some before you grab all the green ones ;D.
You're a good Dad Brett ...I'm sure Papa is smiling ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bhale1

.....well, actually Sal, you and Ted helped make these reels complete!! I just happened to have a few matching 155's from my late father in law, Papa, to give to the girls😀. As we all know, if your gonna do something like this for your kids, they need to be pretty much the same for the first ones! That way we can prevent jealousy, and petty fights over them. We all won on this one. And, yes, Papa surely is smiling.
Thanks guys,
Brett

Reel 224

Nice rod and reel match. Did you make the rods or have them made? If the girls are anything like my daughter and wife......they will out fish you. ;D ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

bhale1

Joe,
The rods are not custom. Just a few I had. One is a Penn Power Stick, the other a Daiwa VIP.... Only thing we did was add heat shrink to the grips. Then , matched up handles from Ted best I could from pics of his handles.
As for out fishing me....yes, absolutely, because when they are with me I devote almost all my time to teaching and helping them....😁.....but soon it's game on!!!!....I'll still probably lose tho, they are pretty intense once it's game time!!!
Thanks,
Brett

Reel 224

Quote from: bhale1 on April 23, 2018, 02:47:54 AM
Joe,
The rods are not custom. Just a few I had. One is a Penn Power Stick, the other a Daiwa VIP.... Only thing we did was add heat shrink to the grips. Then , matched up handles from Ted best I could from pics of his handles.
As for out fishing me....yes, absolutely, because when they are with me I devote almost all my time to teaching and helping them....😁.....but soon it's game on!!!!....I'll still probably lose tho, they are pretty intense once it's game time!!!
Thanks,
Brett

Brett: It's a great thing you are doing for your children, that you will enjoy for a life time. I build rod mostly I use cork but you have given me an Idea on building a spinning rod for Ruth with pink grips. Like the idea!

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Swami805

Nice family and some good looking set ups. They grow up so fast. Nice
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dominick

Great stuff.  Keep them smiling.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Wow Brett, you really gussied up those boring 155's....they don't even resemble what you started with. Congrats on the finished combo's. The smiles on your girls faces says it all. You are the #1 dad in all the land !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!