Stainless Newell Gears

Started by Dawn, June 06, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Photos added to the very first post.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bucktail

I'm not sure if I saw this before, but I thought someone said these will fit a jigmaster 500. Yes?  No?
Just a jig-a-lo

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bucktail on June 14, 2013, 05:49:09 PM
I'm not sure if I saw this before, but I thought someone said these will fit a jigmaster 500. Yes?  No?

By looking at the main gear, I don't think it will fit in JM 500 or 112H. It might work with JM 505. Then again, I could be wrong.

dobrobill

I would like to know the answer as well? States above fits a 505 but a 505 doesn't fit a 500 nor a 112h I believe?

BMITCH

I agree with alan(BP)' from the photo it looks like it will only fit the 505/501. I ordered a set today. When I get them in I'll post up the photos side by side with a JM 500 , 505 and these.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

505 pinion doesn't fit the 500/501 . You can use 500 gears in the 505 if you wanted to, I personally think the pinion is a little too loose on the shaft, but heard of some using it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Joel.B

Dawn- will you be selling any of these in kits? With Yoke and drag-washers?

Ron Jones

So the spool slot on the 505 pinion is narrower than the end of the 500 spool?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Correct! plus the pinion itself on the 505 is too narrow for the 500 spool shaft.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Sal

What some of the guys up here are doing is using the 505 gear set into Newell's. The only adjustment is to open the notch in the Pinion Gear to fit the spool.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

That might be so Mike, I just don't remember for sure and I don't have one to test :-\. I know that it had to be customized to fit. By the way, I was saying the 500 jigmaster. Is the spool shaft on those newell the same as the 500 jigmaster?

Ron Jones

So could you not just run a 505 spool in the 500? I don't know much about these reels.

It also seems to me that you could mill the spool of a 112h, not sure what you'd do about that bearing ring though. Anyone ever mill a 112h sideplate for a bearing cup?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dawn

Joel
I plan on making up a kit. 

Dawn
Dawn

Dawn

I have a part # 3-500S, the Newell gear does not fit over the shaft on this part, if this helps any.

Dawn

bluefish69

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 15, 2013, 03:18:54 AM
That might be so Mike, I just don't remember for sure and I don't have one to test :-\. I know that it had to be customized to fit. By the way, I was saying the 500 jigmaster. Is the spool shaft on those newell the same as the 500 jigmaster?

I don't think so
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.