Penn 16/0 on Custom Bar Bar Shark Rod

Started by Shark Hunter, June 12, 2013, 04:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

This rod is really nice. 130 lb rainshadow blank. Alps Reel seat and custom zirconium guides.
Made for big Senators. She looks good with the 16/0.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fastfishin85

Alto Mare

Sweet!
Does it have 8 guides? Zirconium is extremely tough, very nice.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Yes Sal,
Eight guides of Zirconium. It is very light and feels really good with the 16. Well balanced for sure.
I feel sorry for the Sharks in Navarre Next May. I will be bringing it!
Life is Good!

Tile

Next step - talk to the guys and gals at Tiburon to make a half frame for the 16/0.
In solid fiberglass we trust

Alto Mare

I've been trying for the past 4 years to get Tiburon to make those, no luck. You need lots and lots of dough to get them started on it.
I also tried to get ss gears for these larger Senators and no luck, correction, Alan (Black Pearl) is making those happen.
Hey, maybe his contact could also make those frames for us, that would change things around here.

Daron, I just noticed that you have that combo on your bed, you must be single or you would be feeling each one of those Zirconium guides....as I also would  ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I only have been married once. I am still, for 25 years now.
That's the first thing she asked, "How much did that cost?"
Life is good! I told the truth.
I work hard, No reason not to spend it on my new hobby.
Life is Good!

Tile

These half frames are so easy to machine from aluminum pipe and the cost for Tiburon wouldn't be high and they could make extra cash. Il would love to see this option available for the Levelwind series.
In solid fiberglass we trust

BMITCH

Beautiful set up. Thanks for the pics. Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

No Daron, I wasn't talking about the money...who care about that ;D. I was talking about you placing that rod on the bed ::), I know I wouldn't get away with it.  ;D

Shark Hunter

I married a good one Sal!
I am into Nitro remote controlled cars. Which I have a whole room dedicated to.
Two gun safes,model rocketry, I have a Hummer kit Car in the garage. Now I have this penn addiction.
Life is Good!
I want to head to the coast like this in the next year or two.
Life is Good!

Bill B

You guys made my day.... ;D

S/H another great combo!!!

If you would tolerate another couple questions:
> Zirconium guides...for your application (beach fishing) better choice than roller guides? (abrasion on the line and guides)
> sharking fishing from the beach, longer pole or shorter pole
>And after landing a big shark at the beach...does that tend to scare away the surfers and swimmers for a while  ;D

thanks again brother
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

George4741

Nice outfit!  Reminds me of the movie "Jaws".  BTW, Jaws will be showing here in a local theatre this month and I'm thinking of going to see it just to watch the 16/0 reel and rod scene. 
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

Shark Hunter

I would do that George! Yes Tarfu, It draws a lot of attention. More than I care for.
The sand is quick to get into the rollers fishing from the beach. I still fish with some rollers though, you just have to be careful. Zirconium is extremely hard and can handle the braided line. I prefer a shorter pole for more leverage on the fish. A longer rod from the beach gives the fish more of an advantage.
Life is Good!