Andros AR bearing?

Started by justindfish, December 02, 2014, 05:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justindfish

Has anyone taken a single speed andros apart with the AR bearing? I'm interested in whether it's  pressed in like accurate our it is keyed like shimano. I'm wondering if it may be able to be put in a two speed andros for high speed jigging? Or possibly even in a cedros Lever-Drag. I know they all use the same handle so shaft diameters may be the same. It's hard to tell from the few picks I can find.

Would appreciate any insight on whether it is doable.

If not,  has anyone been successful in spring loading dogs. I just don't feel confident in the ambassador style dogs when jigging.

Feel let down because I think the new A series will still have ambassador dogs.

Tiddlerbasher

I have used my Andros 2 speed for jigging with absolutely no problems. The dogs are still holding-up after 2 years. Spring loading may give more confidence but a yearly service (normal right ???) with a check on the dogs is a lot easier. I have modded my Andros but decided against sprung loaded dogs. Assembly the AR system is already a bit tricky ;)

justindfish

Anyone with pics of the internals of a single speed? Particularly the bearing sizes on the drive shaft?

wallacewt

hi justinfish
i contacted okuma and they told me you cant upgrade from a single andros/2 speed
also i spring loaded my dogs,but the springs were to strong.i took them both back out
if you want to spring load the dogs i would suggest soft single wire.
cheers