how to get the strongest drag!penn long beach, penn peerless

Started by pcde123, June 16, 2013, 09:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcde123

does anyone have a stainless steel bridge for the long beach that they dont need/want?

alantani

the bridge plates on all of these reels are most commonly plain brass with a stainless steel post.  rarely you will find a plate that has chromed brass and a stainless steel post. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pcde123

how should i go about fising up the peerless real, it isnt much but i still want to fix it up for practice/light use, im goin to follow your senator111 tutorial for the long beach but for the peerless what shouldi do alantani

pcde123

i just found your 209 tutorial, is it similar enough for me to folllow?

pcde123

so i can go with the 5 drag washer set up for the long beach and the 5 or 3 for the peerless? just found this website http://smoothdrag.com/installation.html, and again should i buy the smooth drag or ht-100? which one comes out stronger and which one comes out smoother?

Ron Jones

A 5+1 of either will be basically the same, some have said that the carbontex makes a smoother reel. Dawn has the metals and drags for $27.50 which I think is a great deal considering what you end up with. Pennparts is a little less, but the shipping might be a bit much depending on where you are. The thinner carbontex under the gear is needed for a 5+1 drag on the Long Beach.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

pcde123

btw i opened up the reel and the dog spring in the peerless isnt much of a spring...its almost like a bent strip of metal, its not bent straight down the middle but more off to one side, does anyone know how ti install it back in?