Removing the d**n hook

Started by mrbrklyn, June 26, 2013, 02:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Quote from: alantani on July 08, 2013, 04:50:17 AM
superglue.  stings a little at first, but holds up pretty well for small cuts. 

Just make sure the salt water is out. Gluing salt into a cut is not only asinine, it also NEVER stops burning.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

that is actually a very good point!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nuvole

Which will be the better option.

To create another hole by first cutting off the eye of the hook?

Or sacrifice a bit of flesh on the bard by pulling the hook out the way in goes in?

Ron Jones

I normally try to yank it out with the barb first and if all else fails I'll push it through and cut the barb. Hasn't happened many times.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Luckily, I haven't been hooked yet and I'd like to keep it that way.  That reminds me, I need to get another good set of wire cutters.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cone

The way I remove them normally keeps the barb from catching. It's also painless. I've never felt anything when I've removed a hook from someone else. ;D  ;D  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD