Tyrnos Help

Started by jaeforceone, February 24, 2010, 01:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeforceone

I recently bought a new Tyrnos 16 and cleaned it out. pretty much put yamaha blue grease on everything except the spool bearings and the drag washer. I was wondering if the ceramic cooling plate should get a coat of Cal's or just regular blue grease.

a side note: although its been a week since I've had it I've been playing around with it in the house. hooking folding chairs and semi-heavy stuff to drag across the floor. The drag is pretty strong! So far it has not been used in any water. When I finally got my Cal's grease in the mail, I cracked open my reel to see how bad the malaysians assemble these things. I don't know what kind of grease they use but it is some dirty black stuff. hardly any grease on the clicker gear and saw absolutely no grease on the drag washer. Definitely in the future I am going to service all my reels right out the box now!

alantani

the stuff from malaysia was pretty bad!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Whiteman

I've got the same reel and it takes a lot of punishment on the Great Barrier Reef. Has not let me down. It is a little noisy on the retrieve and I have't been able to get this sorted. Like you I serviced it straight out of the box.

jaeforceone

Yes I have noticed that compared to another shimano torium I had. The clicker sounded off too but with some grease and maybe the cleaning before hand the clicker is nice and loud. The retrieve sound (without the clicker) is hopeless I guess unless you want to take out the springs but then the anti-reverse will not exist. haha

Mr. Tani!!!! when are you going to shoot the Tyrnos?

alantani

patience.........  i would need three or four clones to get everthing done.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!