Abu Garcia History

Started by conchydong, July 12, 2013, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

I saw this on another forum and thought some of you guys might enjoy this documentary about Abu Garcia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSVjYBSrL68&feature=player_embedded

raumati01

Superb isn't it? I've just about finished watching it and sent the link to an abu collector this morning.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

very nice.  made it a sticky. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

I really enjoyed this conchydong, thanks for bringing it over.....now I get the urge to hunt down one of their vintage reels.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Quote...now I get the urge to hunt down one of their vintage reels.
And so it begins ;) ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Mandelstam

I know that they sometimes have flea markets in the area and sometimes old employees come and sell stuff (curiosities) that didn't make it to the stores. Stuff that employees put together from bits and pieces.
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Abuadmiral

Hi Guys

I have a couple of vids on my site re ABU History that members here might enjoy.
Just listen to Len Borgstom's voice. Our reels just ooze his Scandinavian accent, well at least the ones made in Sweden I guess
http://www.realsreels.com/history/default.html
Enjoy the info on the rest of the page too!
Wayne
Tight Lines
Wayne Real
www.realsreels.com

exp2000

Thanks for posting.

I just chanced upon this on Youtube and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My first reels were both ABUs; a sliver 6500 and a red 7000.

I fished it so hard that I wore out the 6500 :)

My friend Daryl owned one of those special editions that came in the deluxe wooden case and it was a thing of beauty.

Great memories :)

I feel like buying another one now to add to my collection.
~

oc1

I remember saving up for my first one.  An ABU was a significant investment back then.  Now, they're cheap as chips.
-steve