Slosh Frames

Started by SoCalAngler, July 19, 2013, 05:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

I gave Alan a complete SLOSH with frame to fish on the last SOA trip.  He told me that he didn't have a chance to fish it.  ???

For the person(s) who fished it, how did it feel?  I'm not sure if I spring loaded the AR pawl, but that would be my next upgrade if I can ever get it back to work on it.  Just didn't have enough time to get her done in time for the trip.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

yeah, someone need a rod and reel, so i showed him what was available that he grabbed that on immediately.  i think it was keith smith. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Spring load the AR pawl? This I have to see.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Where there is a will....there is a way...and if not, Alan Tani can figure it out.   ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Fish-aholic

Have I missed something here? ;D The conversion frames and the slosh already have AR pawls which are spring loaded. You just need to bend the springs arm to accommodate the new frame conversion which replaces the post on a stock frame to a slotted recess.

Bryan Young

Oh good...I guess I have nothing to worry about then. :)

sundaytrucka

http://www.socal-fishing-hunting.com/ORDER.html

Looks like they finished the run of 20 size frames with rod clamp studs, but cannot tell for sure if the 30 size frames have the rod clamp studs built in (not pictured as the 20 frames are).

Still waiting for a machined version of the rod clamp, you still have to use the OEM clamp, and apparently grind some of the rod clamp off to make it work with the upgraded frame.

And still no clicker side plate, but they are working on it...

I must he honest, I love the frames and I know this after market and somebody taking the time to do this for the community, but $145 after tax (Ca only) and shipping is a bit much...

No machined rod clamp to boot, making us buy one later, or the clicker side plate, making us buy later, and upgraded handle to come later...Sorry guys, rant over.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

jaypeegee

I'd love to see the gearbox canted forward.
The height of the slosh is the kicker when trying to get bait past the shore break
Else they do look sweet

CaptDavDavis01

Somehow I missed this one.  Looks like I have a new project for my slosh reels.

spize909

FYI, I just ordered an SL20 kit with provisions for a clamp AND it has a CLICKER!
As noted above, they are considerably more expensive then the previous frames though.

I love my old SL. I've had it for at least 20 years and have caught all types of local and offshore fish with it. I could have just bought a new reel but figured I owed it to this one to give it new life. It's always been my 20lb go to....I think now it'll be 40 or 50lb braid to FC.

spize909

Got my frame and swapped everything over. Didn't get the bearing under the shaft the first time and couldn't figure out why the handle and shaft were so sloppy........ ::)
Clamp and clicker. Clamp (re-used) has to be shaved down to fit and the clicker (re-used) needs an additional washer (provided) under it to shim it up to fit just right. I am probably going to take it back apart to powder coat the clicker button.......or just take the rest of the black off and leave it. I bought a new handle for it but don't like it....too big.
Most likely it will stay on the ol' Calstar 220 (wrapped in '96 by Kenny Isago).

sundaytrucka

The reel looks great, and a great rod to pair it with, I have my SL20SH on a Seeker 220 for 15-20#, the Calstar 220 is a great 20-25# rod. We all have reels that cost more than we could get back, or that cost more than a reel that has more bells and whistles off the shelf, but the SLOSH upgrade looks great and makes it a one of a kind type of reel, your reel. These reels last, so now they should last forever.

Thank you for posting pics.

Quote from: spize909 on May 03, 2015, 10:39:36 PM
Got my frame and swapped everything over. Didn't get the bearing under the shaft the first time and couldn't figure out why the handle and shaft were so sloppy........ ::)
Clamp and clicker. Clamp (re-used) has to be shaved down to fit and the clicker (re-used) needs an additional washer (provided) under it to shim it up to fit just right. I am probably going to take it back apart to powder coat the clicker button.......or just take the rest of the black off and leave it. I bought a new handle for it but don't like it....too big.
Most likely it will stay on the ol' Calstar 220 (wrapped in '96 by Kenny Isago).

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

spize909

I've killed a few fish with it now and really like it. I will do my X20sh next.

steelfish

this gives new life to the old timers Slosh reels
The Baja Guy

1Forecon

No pictures yet, hasn't arrived, but it's a Slosh 20 with complete frame conversion. I'll post as soon as she gets here.

Got a reelly good price. I think I'm going to like this for 1/2 day and 3/4 day 20# mono live bait action! A true classic with an awesome update and upgrade.