Hawaii Extreme Kayak Fishing Vids

Started by Kau Grown, July 23, 2013, 09:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kau Grown

Thanks guys! Catch report...... Zero. I got out early before the sun came up, made bait and paddled out 3 miles to the grounds but nobody was home. The wind and rain came earlier than I expected and I had to get my butt in as fast as I could before I ended up at Tahiti! The storm is here and the state of Hawaii is hoping it passés by with no harm to the islands and its people. Mahalo brothers and I'll keep you all posted on my next journey out.

Aloha, Rob
Check out my pro athlete page on FB for more action!
"Rob Wong Yuen - Pro Kayak Angler"
Tours:Extreme808Kayak@gmail.com

Ron Jones

Extreme fishing is one thing, but paddling INTO a tropical storm? To much for me, all that low pressure has chased them off anyway. I'm sure they'll be there next time.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Aloha Rob,

I hope you, your family and friends are safe and sound with little damage.  It looked pretty bad from the photos I have received, with Maui's lightning strikes (which I have never seen in Hawaii before 1995 in Ewa Beach).

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Kau Grown

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 30, 2013, 03:33:02 PM
Aloha Rob,

I hope you, your family and friends are safe and sound with little damage.  It looked pretty bad from the photos I have received, with Maui's lightning strikes (which I have never seen in Hawaii before 1995 in Ewa Beach).

Bryan

Thanks B, I think the blunt of the storm is passed, I thank the Hurricane center, local news stations and radio alerts. They are the reason we can all prepare for a storm or disaster that is coming our way ahead of time and defiantly help keep people safe. From what I hear, no one got hurt and everyone is starting to get back to their normal daily routine, the winds is still pumping to much for a kayak to be out on the water still, but I am in no rush to get back out yet. Aloha and god bless.   

Kau Grown

Here's one of my favorite vids I like to watch to get me pumped up before I start paddling out! Aloha

Shark Hunter

Top Notch! Rob!! :P
I just bought me a Kayak. Its a Trident 13 Angler. I am mainly using this for yakking shark baits out from shore, but you never know. ;D
Life is Good!

Kau Grown

Sweet shark hunter!!! I am now using a trident 15 instead of my prowler big game this year and love it!!! Let me know if you need any help or info on rigging it to fish offshore for big game bro!

Hoe Wa'a!!!! (Paddle Hard)

Aloha, Rob

BMITCH

Great vids Rob. What camera system are you using? Great battery life!! Do you switch it on at hook up? You definitely have the routine down. Keep them coming.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Kau Grown on August 01, 2013, 08:16:01 AM
Sweet shark hunter!!! I am now using a trident 15 instead of my prowler big game this year and love it!!! Let me know if you need any help or info on rigging it to fish offshore for big game bro!

Hoe Wa'a!!!! (Paddle Hard)

Aloha, Rob
Do you have a depth finder in your Trident 15? That is where I will probably start. What kind of battery do I need?
Life is Good!

Kau Grown

Quote from: BMITCH on August 01, 2013, 09:24:50 AM
Great vids Rob. What camera system are you using? Great battery life!! Do you switch it on at hook up? You definitely have the routine down. Keep them coming.
Bob

Thanks Bob! I use gopro cameras with a remote to turn all cameras on at once. I try to have the camera on at strike, but its hard to tell when a fish is gonna bite. If I see a nice mark on my ff shooting up then I'll turn my cameras on and get ready for the strike but most of the strikes hit when your not expecting it.

Kau Grown

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 01, 2013, 10:53:31 AM
Quote from: Kau Grown on August 01, 2013, 08:16:01 AM

Do you have a depth finder in your Trident 15? That is where I will probably start. What kind of battery do I need?

Yes, I use a humminbird FF/GPS combo and power it with a 12v, 12a/h rechargeble lead battery. A lithium ion battery is a whole lot better because of its size, weight and recharging life span but they cost an arm and a leg!
The Ocean Kayak Tridents come with a scupper hole that is built to fit a humminbird puck style transducer. 

Kau Grown

Aloha gang! Here's some footage of a guided kayak tour I did a couple of weeks ago. I'm starting up an Extreme Kayak Fishing tour buisness and record footage of the tour so the clients can take home their experience and share it with others like this guy named Bryan Young from Texas. Not the same Bryan Young on this forum but I thought it was until I met him on the beach. I was able to get Bryan hooked up to a 66# yellow fin tuna and he's a warrior to be able to fight a tuna that size and get it up, being that it was his first kayaking fishing trip and largest fish he has ever caught, it was a catch of a lifetime for sure! Bryan took the footage home and edited quick to share his experience with everyone on YouTube.

Aloha, Rob

Newell Nut

That was a really nice guided trip. Good luck on the business and thanks for the video.

Bryan Young

How can I paste my face on his?  lol
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D