Lures for swordfish

Started by knife, July 30, 2013, 05:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinaard van der Vossen

Knife, if you still read this before you go (or while you are in the harbour on tour) : You can consider to pull a couple of teasers on separate lines. You can use any lure as a teaser but with the hook removed. (you do not want to have al kine of hooked lures dangling around when you have a strike). Also the plastic squids can be used as teasers. Run them on a piece of fishing line from the railing before the real lure. A couple of meters at least, up to ten meaters. The teasers have no other purpose than to attract fish from a larger distance and make em aware of the lure.

Pescachaser: I'm curious, did you rigged it yourself or do you make lures? I do some DIY stuff myself and are alway interested in the considerations of others. Although in german I have a topic here: http://www.big-game-board.info/deutschsprachige-sektion/ausr%C3%BCstung/sonstiges-tackle/5348-diy-lures-und-teasers-die-bastel-ecke/

Some run very well like the bakery rolling pin teaser.

Sailing in greece I saw  a small broadbill jumping at the surface in daytime but the sea was to rough to try anything on a family trip

Ron Jones

Reinaard,

That looks like real good stuff. I will have to translate it.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

knife

Thanks to you all for the precious advice but unfortunately no swordfish  :(
even seen him to jump!
Only three albacore tuna and not even too big .....
However,  wonderful places and sea, good food
and the Senator have sung,  that is the important!!
knife

Shark Hunter

Nice pics Knife! ;D
That water looks Awesome! Glad you made it back safe!
Is that a 116A(10/0) on the right?
Life is Good!

knife

Yes is it, the 10/0, 6/0 and the 4/0,
it was a pleasure to share with you.... :)

knife
p.s.
to enjoy the 10/0 I needed to be at least 50-pound fish......

Alto Mare

Nice shots Knife, I love to see those nice Senators floating on water from my Patria ;).
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Knife glad to see you had good time and are back safely.  Those reels are in really good shape.  Good to see that you take care off your equipment.  Arrivederci!  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

knife

The  "back safe" is not only for the tuna.......:D
knife

Reinaard van der Vossen

Knife,

Very nice pictures!!

Although you didn't get the sword those nice albacores really do soften the pain to some extend. I would have been exquisitly happy to catch some but in high summer there are not so many albies, especcially not in the ionian see near Greece.

I see that one was caught on a rapala floating model, is that correct?

Didi you catch all albacores on lipped lures ore some on other lures as well?

knife

This summer I caught albacore tuna with sinking Rapala magnum and floating barra magnum sailing at 6-7 knots
In the 2011 in the nord (Bonifacio) and west Sardinia coast I took a nice bluefin tuna with a sinkink Rapala magnum "red head", two albacore tuna and one alletterato tuna (little tunny) with a Rapala Xrap 30
I am convinced that success in fishing depends on the amount of fish, luck and skill in equal measure.
The baits are important but not as the "market" wants us to believe.
This is only my opinion and I'm not a very experienced fisherman with big fish.

Alan, let me know if I've uploaded too many photos.
If so I apologize and I remove them immediately .....
Thanks
knife

knife

I took this Leer-fish using a floating bait unbranded,  paid almost nothing, in a lousy color water but a lot of baitfish breaking the sea surface.
I also wrong the recovery because the boat is stopped and the thread tension is loose for a few seconds.......

knife

floating doc

Central Florida

Shark Hunter

No such thing as too many photos! ;)
Life is Good!

Reinaard van der Vossen

Knife,

I love the photo's. You cannot post to many.

Due to extreme demanding business conditions I have not been able to go this year so I like photo's more than normal ;D

ossipeter