shark fishing 113h

Started by garking84, August 08, 2013, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Yes,
They definitely love the blue runners. Spanish Mackerel is up there too. That's what I usually catch for bait on the Florida Coast. Ladyfish and Bonita as well. If you catch them yourself, you know they are fresh. I think you will have better luck with freshly caught bait rather than buying it. I haven't fished with rays yet, But I will. That seems to be the bait to use for the big ones. ;)
Life is Good!

saltydog

Rays are good for long soaks and they don't get crabbed out like the other baits do, plus sharks think they are lollypops.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: saltydog on August 10, 2013, 04:03:22 AM
Well here in Texas we get lots of reds and big uglies on crabs and baby sharks are not legal anywhere in the states so you need to check your local game laws(the civil restitution in Texas is pretty stiff).And a 3 pound bait is about as big as I go,the biggest sharks I have caught even when I commercial fished were caught on baits about the size of a normal 12" mullet or small blue runner.A good 8 to 12" stingray can't go wrong either.
Sorry I meant as them attacking your baits lol. We use sharp nose and bonnet head for bait, along with the occasional blacktip
Grayson Lanier

Alto Mare

Garking, it's not the size of the worm, it's how you wiggle it ;) ;D .
A couple of years ago I caught this 5' two miles out with my Jigmaster, loaded with 30# mono

Sorry, not a good shot. The first time, it straighten my hook, I always keep some pre made rigs on the boat, I got one with wire and a heavier hook added a whole squid and caught it again. Took a shot with my phone and let her go to get bigger and stronger.
The Jigmaster was the largest I had at the time on the boat, I now always make sure the tank takes a ride with me...just in case.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

garking84

Yea nice shark. Hopefully I can catch one that size on Friday Will post pics if I do

Shark Hunter

We will be waiting on those pictures g84,
Good Luck! ;D
Life is Good!