My Penn Addiction

Started by ChileRelleno, August 15, 2013, 12:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

My wife said I was acquiring too many rods/reels, and asked why I was hung up on Penns?
I laughed and showed her pics of Sal's cabinet and told'er I was going to need a Man Cave addition to the house.
She shook her head and walked away mumbling about men and their toys.

Anyways, here are mine, few that they are.
Fierce 2000 (  :)  has handled all the abuse my 7yr'ol son can dish out.)
Battle 5000 (already broke once  >:( not buying another. )
Sportfisher 704Z
SportFisher 4300SS, 5500SS, 7500SS, (2) 8500SS, 9500SS
Beachmaster 155
Jigmaster 505HS
Senator 114H posts Tanked, waiting on ss gear

Wish List: 706Z, 4400ss, 9500ss 113HLW, 113HN, 114HLW, 115L, 116L
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Good looking reels Chile. Did you show her my pic of all the Senators? Then she would have something to gripe about. >:(
I really like that cabinet of Sal's too. I am not good with wood, or I would make my own.
I have been thinking of making a wall mount curio sort of, with shelves on it, put glass doors on the front of it.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 15, 2013, 05:20:10 AM
Good looking reels Chile. Did you show her my pic of all the Senators? Then she would have something to gripe about. >:(
No I didn't, but I might have to now.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 15, 2013, 05:20:10 AM
I really like that cabinet of Sal's too. I am not good with wood, or I would make my own.
I have been thinking of making a wall mount curio sort of, with shelves on it, put glass doors on the front of it.

Something like this ??

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

ChileRelleno

Thats a nice cabinet, and even nicer whats in it  ;)
Ragnar Benson:

Alto Mare

Tom, I'm impressed! That looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Sal
PS I didn't know you collected Penn's....very nice ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cortez_Conversions

Thanks Sal,

My first reel was a Penn 146 Squidder Jr. and I've been hooked ever since.

It has taken a while, and I'm not done yet!

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Keith K

[/quote]

Whoa...That is some Reel respect.

Bill B

There were reels in that cabinet?? I couldn't get past the shot glasses.. ;D   great display of glass, steel and wood....thanks for sharing...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

George4741

Nice collection of reels, both of you. 

Chile,
You will have to tell us how your Battle broke, or "LOST THE BATTLE" so to speak. :D :D
BTW my cheesy laugh is for my pathetic joke, ;D not about your broken reel.
viurem lliures o morirem

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

john2244

Great collections and a very nice cabinet.   I want one.

John

ChileRelleno

Quote from: George4741 on August 16, 2013, 03:52:33 AM
Chile,
You will have to tell us how your Battle broke, or "LOST THE BATTLE" so to speak. :D :D

Reel: Penn Battle 5000, 12# mono
Rod: Offshore Angler rod, (OS PowerStick, 7', 10-17#, 1/2-2oz lure, Light Action).

I proceeded to give it a workout surf & pier fishing.
It initially performed pretty well the first few trips, I was giving it a workout surf & pier fishing.
It handled some nice Black & Red Drum, Specks, Spanish, Spades, small sharks/rays and a plethora of smaller species.

The Malfunction
I had been jigging after a school of big Spaniards and was fighting a hefty axe handle, and the anti-reverse quits, then the reel locks up.
WTF!?!?  >:(
I found the anti-reverse bushing spring (12-5000SG) sticking out between the rotor cup and housing.
Easy enough to fix...  But now I'm always waiting for it to happen again, just can't shake the lack of confidence in it.

I acquired a really nice condition 5500SS to replace it.
My kids can have the Battle to fish with.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:

Cone

nice collection of reels Tom and John. I will have to post a pic of my few reels sometime. I loaned a 9500ss to a friend for gator season. Maybe when it comes back.
     My wife asked me to guess how many pairs of boots she has. It turns out she has 25 pairs.  :o  There's no telling how many shoes. I have some catching up to do.  ;) 
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD