Previous topic - Next topic

tintor

Hello to every one.
First i apology for my bud english
I need your help
I have a problem with an a electric reel
When i winding up the line, after a while they stop winding
and they flashing all the panel. After a few minutes they start
winding again for few seconds and again stop.
Have anyone same problem
Thank you

alantani

i've always avoided working on electric reels.  saltwater destroys them too quickly.  can anybody help?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

It sounds like you have a bad electrical connection and a thermal overload is tripping and resetting but like Alan I do knot know electric reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Sounds like a thermal overheating effect, and when the reels cool down, it will operate as normal.  I too do not know electric reels, but know electric motors in general and the protection schemes that electronically controlled motors employ.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 19, 2013, 09:21:23 PM
but know electric motors in general and the protection schemes that electronically controlled motors employ.

Me too.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

tintor

Thank you all for your answer

spearo776

just to see if its overheating do a drop with much lighter weight and no rig. press the button and see what happens. mine stops at supposedly 5m out(built in function) but generally I have to restart as counter is incorrect and  I have to manually stop it when it reaches the top. HARD WORK :D

Bunnlevel Sharker

Just use a mans reel and crank that 5 pound weight up 300ft lol
Grayson Lanier

tintor

The overheating problem exist even with no load at all.
Please inform me if you know any shop that have
spare parts for electric reel.
Thank you

Bunnlevel Sharker

You might wanna just ship back to dealer
Grayson Lanier

Keta

How many hours are on the reel?  Check your power connections for corrosion.

Mark Twain

Bryan Young

It may mean that the grease is gummed up and may need to be serviced.  Parts are difficult.  I have one electric reel in for service and I am trying to locate marine parts to use with the reel as parts are no longer available...needless to say, I've had the reel for over a year now and I'm still searching for parts that will fit in the reel and that can withstand the tests of time in a marine environment.

I'm also trying to make the reel that I have filled with a non-conductive, lubricant or known as an oil filled motor.  This will help in the heating as well as lubrication, and I have yet determine how I am actually going to seal the spool motor ends...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D