Alan's Bass killer

Started by mrbrklyn, September 11, 2013, 12:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

Wow!  I've got to get back to NY.  We have family in Maine. We're thinking about an east coast road trip next year.
Central Florida

floating doc

Quote from: mrbrklyn on September 15, 2013, 04:09:28 AM
everybody misses home eventually

That's true. Even though I grew up in Florida, I spent a lot of time in NY and NJ. I was a harness horse trainer before college. I've worked on 50 tracks in nine states and two provinces, but I always had a special connection with NY. I've worked on every harness track that was open in the state from 1975 to 1986. Some of them are still open, but none are doing well.

My grandfather was born in Batavia, grew up in Buffalo. I've fished from Montauk to Sandy Hook (and a lot of NJ), plus Lakes Ontario and Erie, the finger lakes, high in the Adirondacks, Oneida lake, and many other rivers, lakes, impoundments, streams and ponds.

Central Florida

OSIRIS631

Capt. Rich on the marie jean is th best guy out there when it comes to catching Stripers in Jamaica bay and out in the ocean.  Nothing like live lining a bunker for some big bass.  Outstanding catch.

John
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

broadway

MrBrklyn,
      Do you run the Marilyn Jean? ...cause that boat looks mighty familiar.
Bluefish Mike,
      I see you're doing Tuna trips with the rookies... I hate losing fish due to the lack of attention paid by the crew.  Best of luck out there, pal!
Dom

bluefish69

No I don't have a ticket. The Marlyn Jean IV was the Teal from the Highlands in N J. I did the galley & I am finished for the season. Just to much going on at home to even fish as of late.

Mike

I don't do Tuna Trips with anyone.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

broadway

Mike,
    I thought you ran the Brooklyn head boat out of Sheepshead Bay? ...guess I got my facts confused.  I may pack it in early this year because my marina is doing repairs on my dock.  Not to mention, I haven't seen as many bass as usual, YET! Nor have I seen a single Alby or Bony.  They will come, but I'll have to go out as a passenger with friends.
MrBrklyn,
    You picked a good boat to go on... I see his reports on Noreast, know people he knows, and see him out there regularly... he is a solid fisherman! I'm always amazed that he finds bunker when no one else can.  He does tons of live lining and that's the way to big bass. I may have to book a charter to learn a thing or two.
Dom

bluefish69

Dom

There is a Capt Mike A. that runs the Brooklyn VI but not this Mike. I worked the galley for 1 year there. Capt. Mike is a sharp guy in the wheel house [ he is under 30 yo ] He had a good teacher.

My mistake many years ago was not getting my ticket. At 68 yo I'm not looking for another project.

Mike S

floating doc

I'm trying to remember what boat I was on the time I went out from Sheepshead Bay. It was1981; and in keeping with the reputation of the area, my car was gone when we got back.

After that I tended to go out of other ports.
Central Florida

bluefish69

Doc

I have had my car vandlized the last 2 Summers

Mike

broadway

I'm talking about Vinnie on the Charter boat MJ.
Mr.Brklyn, the sea bass are everywhere.  I caught one trolling an umbrella rig off Breezy Point last week.  It was 16", but went back to swim another day.
Have fun out there,
Dom

bluefish69

Vinny has the Karen Ann in Howard Beach. Richie runs the little 35' MJ

Mike

broadway

That's it! ...I'm mixing up my captains.  Thanks for the clarification!
Dom