Alan's Bass killer

Started by mrbrklyn, September 11, 2013, 12:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Nothing wrong with that! Looks like the sun was pretty bright that day.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

That's a good spread you got there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Very nice! Was this today?
How did you get that bunker, did you snag them one at a time?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

You could probably walk to shore and never go knee - deep. Looks like things are moving early this year.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bucktail

Just a jig-a-lo

bluefish69

In the second picture he is the one with the big hat holding the Bass

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bucktail

Now all the pictures are gone? ???
Just a jig-a-lo

floating doc

All the years I spent fishing there were the same ones when stripers were being called "commercially extinct".

I fished from Montauk to Cape May, even had my car stolen in sheepshead bay while I was out catching bluefish. I've never even seen a striped bass,  except for the ones that swim in the Florida springs.

Thanks for sharing!
Central Florida

bluefish69

floating doc

Richie on the Marilyn Jean is one of the best SB fishermen here. Ruben don't tell him I said that. He is also very good catching Black Fish.

Mike

floating doc

Thanks for the reply. Maybe someday...

I have places to stay if I can get back to NY, but have bounced from "no money" to "no time or money" for years now.

I used to fish on a party boat that fished the Sandy Hook area. I don't recall the boat, or the captain's name. It was an old PT boat hull (plywood, of course), that he bought after WWII, installed a single diesel and concrete decks, and went fishing. I recall being told by one of the old timers that it was the first boat in the NY/NJ area to fish exclusively with jigs. I loved cranking those ava jigs; I still have a stash of them. My favorite lure ever.

One dream may finally be fulfilled a week from tomorrow: I'm going to fish for Chinook salmon next week. That's been a dream of mine since I was 19. I'll be 58 on sunday. I fly to Portland, OR the next morning for some corporate training. I managed to finagle an extra day in Oregon on the 20th. I've got a seat on a guide's boat to fish the Columbia river.  :)

Wish me luck; there's not too many second chances in life.
Central Florida

bluefish69

floating doc

The boat that I was refering to is a 6 man boat. No crowds

floating doc

Quote from: bluefish69 on September 13, 2013, 01:36:47 AM
floating doc

The boat that I was refering to is a 6 man boat. No crowds

I could tell from the photos. Looks like fun!
Central Florida

bluefish69

When your over this way & I can set it up for you

Mike

bluefish69

Felix is a good guy. Capt. Richie will teach him the proper way to work deck. Tell him Mike from the Galley said Hi

Mike