Shark hooks

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, August 12, 2013, 09:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltydog

No Sal it was a miss wording,a little tired haven't slept in a few days.Ask anything, I will answer or find someone who can.I fixed it Sal sorry just drowsy.

That don't bother me, alot of what it is is excitement and drive,I know how it can be I had the itch real bad for about the first ten years of sharking but learned what does and doesnt work through trial and error.

I wish I could still use the 14/0 and 16/0 but my body wont take it anymore after surgery so I am going the lighter route to keep up with my passion,sharkin.

Most of my gear has shrunk down to a 50 INT and smaller,lookin for another 114H because mine is an aniverssary reel in the box and with what they are worth I would rather not use it.I tanked a 112H,113H both standard width,A 113H narrow JVariance conversion tanked, a
500 jigmaster Newell conversion with all the goodies,a 50 INT, Fin nor 6500OS and a Shimano 12000D.Like I said I'm goin to the Darkside of sharkin,the light side.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Dominick

Quote from: saltydog on September 30, 2013, 07:16:14 AM
At the time 6'1" and 250.

Ahem?  Salty I believe most things you say but take another look at that photograph.   :D :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

saltydog

I am 6'1" and 272 right now,and I still have a belly but well you know thats probably all the fried fish Capt. Morgan and a good wife.Need to work on that. ::) ::) ::) ;D
MacArthur

Alto Mare

Quote from: saltydog on October 01, 2013, 12:33:55 AM
No Sal it was a miss wording
I knew that, just playing around with you ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

MacArthur

Dynamo

I know you have no ego, all of you are great people! Bridge fishing might be considered foolish by some, but it is still thrilling and possible to land monsters with the approiate tackle and technique. I doubt not your experience and really appreciate the help you put into this site, but I'm just defending a technique. And I know all about the egos people have on shark fishing sites, but the SFSC is a fine group of folks, and people shouldn't generalize. If you don't want to pay and become a member of the site then that's your decision, I respect it, as well as you. You haven't slept in several days? Shoot!
Quote from: Shark Hunter on October 01, 2013, 12:27:20 AM
Quote from: saltydog on October 01, 2013, 12:12:34 AMcolor=red][/color]

I guess you missed where most of my fishing has been the last 30 something years, AKA South Florida, I have no ego about shark fishing because I know what I have caught and seen,but I am willing to give my 30+ years of knowledge for free with no affiliations or showmanship to anyone who asks

William
Bingo! Don't let this guy upset you William.
I have had enough.
I hope i'm not upsetting anybody. Sorry, if i've gone overboard, some people have their ways of doing things and both of our ways work, just in different situations. That is the point i've been trying to drive home.

saltydog

I don't get upset about much well maybe if the Zin runs out ;D

From my experiance the simpler the rig the more strikes you will get and the less metal you present the larger the sharks you will eventually hook,now with anything ,like fishing all things change and yet they stay the same.I know those sites are great but if you look close it's all about those tournaments and special  things they can offer,the hook is in and off they go, it's really in the end all about the money,why do you think they charge?JMO
William
MacArthur

Dynamo

I'm glad we're on good terms! The $30 is for mainly the barbecues and tournament. Largest fish of the year wins the Triple Crown Prize and you take home a trophy and some cash. You can participate in the Big Hammer Challenge tourny as well. Really the money goes into the club and memers, not the administrator, he has a seperate job. I understand your being wary, though. Too many fishing sites these days aren't about fishing......

saltydog

MacArthur