Dawn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carbontex drag washer for Old Penn International's

Started by turboal, September 20, 2013, 03:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Robert Janssen

Available in a wide range of materials. Usually a blend of kevlar glass or organic fibers with a binder of rubber or ptfe or other similar.

They usually have a consistency similar to thick card stock.

Seriously though, there are at least a kajillion or maybe even more makes and types. Google. Or browse around McMaster-Carr for a while; they give a good basic presentation. Or just trot down to the hardware store and pick something off the shelf, then go home and google it.

erikpowell

Always a pleasure to hear from you Doc. That's solid input  ;) Vinaka!

Quote from: Robert Janssen on November 15, 2013, 08:51:10 PM
Available in a wide range of materials. Usually a blend of kevlar glass or organic fibers with a binder of rubber or ptfe or other similar.

They usually have a consistency similar to thick card stock.

Seriously though, there are at least a kajillion or maybe even more makes and types. Google. Or browse around McMaster-Carr for a while; they give a good basic presentation. Or just trot down to the hardware store and pick something off the shelf, then go home and google it.
I'd run out to the shed for a thin 4" cutting disc right now...but it's raining about an inch an hour  ;D ;D

update:

and Lee, just saw your PM..
I thought it was a coincidence your cutter spelled his name with a K too.  ;D ;D

That's great Lee ! Nice! I'll order up some cf sheets and see how we go. You're the man.