any idea's on how to build a megladon penn senator 32/0?

Started by pcde123, September 25, 2013, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

pcde123

i wonder if this guy is planing to kayak his bait out a mile......why not just buy a boat and fish off of it 10 miles offshore..........

Bunnlevel Sharker

Why not just get a towtruck and fill it with 1/4 coated cable.....even better
Grayson Lanier

Makule

Thought about doing that myself, once.  Realized it would be hard to get the line out.  Realized it would be hard to get the tow truck to where I wanted to go fishing.  Realized there wasn't enough cable in the winch.  Realized there isn't a brake on the winch so the hook might bend/break.  Realized the demand for towing is great so getting a tow truck would eventually become a business and take even more time away from what it would initially be for.  Realized .......

On the other hand, rigging up a belt driven "winch" to my truck that uses electro-magnetic braking and electric motor, with a pole mounted to my pipe rack and a series of pulleys/sheaves to guide the line from the truck to the fishing spot, might be worth a look.  Getting the line out would still be a problem, however.  Guess I could always use a launcher (which I already have).

Wonder if that would take the sport out of the thing?  Who cares?  I'm a meat fisherman, not a sportsman.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Robert Janssen

Perhaps a Lindgren-Pitman Reel would suit you.

Boasts such handy features as ample line capacity of 30 nautical miles of 700# mono, as well as

Direct Drive High Efficiency Hydraulic Motor with Integrated Cross Port Relief
   Stainless Steel Free Spool Ball Valve
   Aluminum Construction
   Grease Free Level Winder with Guard
   Stainless Steel Shaft
   Drive Coupling Grease System
   High-Tech Solid Cast Aluminum End Plates
   Epoxy Paint
   Heavy-Duty Formed Tube Stand

pcde123

lol, when ever this guy goes fishing i wanna kayak out and fish right on top of his bait,LOL bet ill pisshim off

saltydog

Thats perfect a long line reel. :P I think i read somewhere that he used a 12/0 as the base reel the fabricated the rest of the parts. Doesn't look like it is manageable at all and everyone would be served by a smaller reel.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Makule

Quote from: saltydog on September 29, 2013, 03:10:33 PM
Thats perfect a long line reel. :P I think i read somewhere that he used a 12/0 as the base reel the fabricated the rest of the parts. Doesn't look like it is manageable at all and everyone would be served by a smaller reel.

It was either a 14/0 or 16/0.

I have one functional 14/0.  Got it because the 12/0 got stripped once.  I abhor the idea that any fish can take out more line than I have in the reel.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bunnlevel Sharker

There's an older fella in SENC with more money than god that has a winch on his truck filled with 250lb braid I think.....he just doesn't care what other people think
Grayson Lanier

Makule

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yeah sorry Makule should have clarified, it's my stomping grounds
Grayson Lanier

ez2cdave

Quote from: Robert Janssen on September 27, 2013, 07:05:35 PM
Perhaps a Lindgren-Pitman Reel would suit you.

Boasts such handy features as ample line capacity of 30 nautical miles of 700# mono, as well as

Direct Drive High Efficiency Hydraulic Motor with Integrated Cross Port Relief
   Stainless Steel Free Spool Ball Valve
   Aluminum Construction
   Grease Free Level Winder with Guard
   Stainless Steel Shaft
   Drive Coupling Grease System
   High-Tech Solid Cast Aluminum End Plates
   Epoxy Paint
   Heavy-Duty Formed Tube Stand

Can you MAG that for CASTING ?

LOL ! ! !