Maxima
4 (6.9%)
Spectra/Braid
7 (12.1%)
Other
6 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Dynamo

I like Ande and hi-seas, personally. Its pretty much personal preference. Momoi is pretty much the only mono manufacturer I don't recommend, it performs great in the initial test, but wears down really fast when exerted to stress.

MFB

For mono I mainly use Sufix & Black Magic especially their tough trace.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Ron Jones

I've used most of those listed. My all time favorite is Trilene XL, or at least what used to be Trilene XL. In the last few years I have been using pink Ande. Started with it for no specific reason and have stuck with it because it is easy to recognize your reel!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Jimmer

What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

BMITCH

I voted for mo Momoi. Not having used the xxx I really can't tell you. If I had to change it would most likely be the izorline. I Can tell you for sure I've had be experiences with the p-line. For low cost and if you change often trilene BG.
luck is the residue of design.

whalebreath

Like others here my reels are usually Spectra backed with Mono topshots of various lengnths

Mono-Maxima although the price has risen and I feel others like Ande are as good so that may change.

Spectra-I like Fireline never had any issues over the years it makes good knots.

Interesting to read about Yo-Zuri hybrid I bought some off EBay a while back it seems stiff and over sized but haven't managed to use it yet so we'll see.

sundaytrucka

It's alive!!! I forgot about this thread.

I have chosen the following for myself, depending on the setup:

Izorline XXX for straight mono.

Spectra backing with Izo XXX topshot.

And spectra backing with short Seaguar fluorocarbon leader
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Bunnlevel Sharker

I will be testing the 20lb fire line, and will report back as i have a very nice christmas present to post pics off in a few days!
Grayson Lanier

MarkD

I have good results with berkley big game.

Calusa

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on October 07, 2013, 12:29:21 PM
ande all the way

Indeed! I've used pink Ande exclusively since 1978. Virtually disappears in the water, very dependable premium mono.

Chris Gatorfan

I like the Momoi Hi-Catch best because it has great strength with a smaller diameter that regular mono line. And when you are a land based sharker as i am it really pats off in the end to have that extra bit of line on your reel as it could mean the difference in making the catch or having to respool.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Newell Nut

The momoi diamond is serving me well. There is a picture in the photo gallery showing me lift a 40 lb dumbbell with 40 lb diamond with a SDJ knot with three turns.