Here you go

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, October 01, 2013, 03:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

I got restocked on hooks tonight. All of them are nasty hooks ready to slam into a big ray or sharks mouth. I also got an absolute pile of king hooks to. And a nice throwback for Mr.Keyes

Bottom row from left o right
Gamma big cat 12/0, Maruto eagle wave 10/0, one unknown, a 12/0 mustad z-steel hoodlum, an 11/0 EC LB hook, a 10/0 EC LB hook, then a scary sharp trokar 8/0 LB hook. Makes owners look like a butter knife.
Top row from left to right
Just for size there is: a mustad 20/0, a 14/0 SS j, and a 10/0 mustad o'shaugnsey. Then a 9/0 giant tuna hook and a 9/0 mustad tuna hook! Those things are crazy! Plan to run two on a stud bait when I get a makaira 50w
Grayson Lanier

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

can you tell me where i can buy these hooks? also the brand please.

bottom row, the first two from the left and the 2nd and 3rd from the right.

thanks much!

DaBigOno

Looks like you're ready!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

What's the black on the shank of the C hook?  I do the same thing you do on the points of my hooks.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dynamo

Hey, Keta, its tape. Most sharkers do it to reduce the metallic signature in the water and reduce the sharp "clink" when the shark takes the bait. Some think it not neccesary, it may not be, but why not?

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i use heat shrink tubing for this purpose...

Bunnlevel Sharker

Hey Mel B, I'll call my friend I got them from and ask him
Grayson Lanier

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Bunnlevel Sharker

He said the marutos are from england, gamis are from catfish connection. theres not many ec lb hooks left in the us, he said to check ringedhooks.com
Grayson Lanier

Dominick

Quote from: Mel B on October 01, 2013, 12:31:58 PM
can you tell me where i can buy these hooks? also the brand please.

bottom row, the first two from the left and the 2nd and 3rd from the right.

thanks much!

Mel, go to OwnerHooks.com.  Check out the ringed hooks.  In my opinion they are the best.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Dom I hate to disagree, but we've had owners points break down, might just be us. These ECs are the bomb, a charter captain has caught several 12+ tigers on the ECs
Grayson Lanier

Dominick

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on October 02, 2013, 03:31:51 AM
Dom I hate to disagree, but we've had owners points break down, might just be us. These ECs are the bomb, a charter captain has caught several 12+ tigers on the ECs

I'd rather you feel good about disagreeing.  Life is too short to hate.   ;D ;D All kidding aside.  Intellectual discourse is welcomed.  You may have gotten some defective hooks.  Try them again.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bunnlevel Sharker

I will, the jobus are some mean hooks, i have a scary story about them. Ill try some out next time im ordering live bait hooks, i trust your recomendations if you havent had problems
Grayson Lanier

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Dom n Grayson thanks! i also use owner and gamakatsu circle hooks so far so good... ::) ::)