Penn 349HC joins the 'Tank' family

Started by redsetta, October 09, 2013, 10:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Justin,

Kinda makes me regret selling my MM. Great work/effort you put into the reel. BTW Justin, I've seen your spring work in other post's and its excellent. What type of wire do you use and where do you get it and how do you bend/coil it to fit your various needs.

Leo

erikpowell

Cone

Very nice Justin! Too bad they don't still make that frame anymore. Or maybe it's a good thing. This site and the awesome reels people keep building cost me too much $.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

redsetta

Cheers all.
Bob - you're so right ;) ;D
Spotty - a top bloke and member here, Andrew (raumati), picked it up on a US site and was kind enough to pass it on...
Leo - it's 86lb single strand stainless leader. Some photos here from the 9500SS project:

Any queries etc, let me know.
Also, I missed probably the most important contributor to the project in my earlier post - thanks to Sal for being the inspiration and such a damn fine human being.
Righto, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Shark Hunter

Quote from: redsetta on October 10, 2013, 08:01:00 PM
Also, I missed probably the most important contributor to the project in my earlier post - thanks to Sal for being the inspiration and such a damn fine human being.

Indeed Justin! he is the inspiration for many of us here!
Life is Good!

Dominick

Good job Justin.  No wonder you wanted me to get that reel to you.  You had that planned all along.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Justin,
   Glad to see you took the ball and ran with it to create your own beastly concoction.  The best part is that you made a one-off "with a little help from your friends" (joe Cocker) that will enjoy reading your fishing reports and remember there contribution that made your catch possible.  Well done!
Now, go nail something with that "Monster Mariner"
Dom

redsetta

raumati01

I missed this thread, awesome work Justin . You've certainly done it justice, better than I ever would and to be honest the black side plates match the frame and make it look pretty badass.

Definitely a monster mariner rather than a tank and likely to be the only one in the world for quite a while.

redsetta

Cheers mate - wouldn't have happened without ya.

Keta

NICE!!!!
Put a SS 113H gear sleeve in it now.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

redsetta

Cheers Lee - and thanks again for the parts.
QuotePut a SS 113H gear sleeve in it now.
Already done ;)
All that's left now is to get it out on the water!

Keta

Quote from: redsetta on October 14, 2013, 11:14:26 PM
Cheers Lee - and thanks again for the parts.

Any time, keep an eye out for another frame.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

john2244

Wayne,

The number for the Tiburon 349 frame is located on the frame  under the reel stand.  It is marked 349.

John

harryk3616

hi   justin      a real sweet deal, very very nice and impressive,  a real great job, now go catch a big one.  my best   harry