19ft swiftcraft

Started by wallacewt, October 17, 2013, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

youre much to kind pesca
hows your eyesight? :D

Alto Mare

Take your time Wallace, I'm sure it will look great when you're done with it. If that's a two stroke, it should  last you for a long time, I have the same exact motor on my 19.  Yes it's noisy, but will never let you down, they're also very easy on maintenance. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

alto mare,  i have no idea what year model it is
how do you tell?

Alto Mare

No Wallace, I wasn't talking about the year. Do you have an oil injection pump? Do you put oil in a separate tank when you gas up? Either way, it's a good motor. Btw, mine is an 04, yours has to be close.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

Alto Mare

I'm glad! Most don't like those, I do. Just like my reels I like old technology ;).
I'm not sure if you took it for a test drive, if you didn't, hold on to your hat.
That motor has lots of muscle, much stronger and faster than the four stroke, but the four stroke is cleaner and quieter.
I winterize my own for $50, does it get cold down there, during winter? :-\

wallacewt

:Dcold,not really,i own a couple of jumpers and jackets
but no coats
wet weather gear on the boat,only place i get cold.cold wind and spray.
i dont go out in that,but get caught sometimes with a w/change
cold shoulder is the problem,but the minster for
war and finance is wilting bit by bit..
my good looks are to much for liz,altough she did declare me the enemy  :D
ps, no test drive for a couple of months

wallacewt

weekly update.

let me introduce scotty.
he is a bit of a wiz.
knowledge and common sense, he,s a gooden.
eg; " what are we going to do with these rusty mud guards"?
"cut inch or two off the ends,brush em up and paint,they,ll be fine"
saving $300.

apprentice at work
cut and brush

painted, reflectors have been added
windscreen fixed

'

Ron Jones

Nice!
I really can't stand trailers that are in disrepair. I've seen more boats end up on the highway that way. Looks like your doing it right.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

wallacewt

it has been a hard 2 wks.on my back every day with the grinder getting rid of the rust.paint,greasing frozen coupling.my friends said they would do it but didnt show.about the only thing you can count on is your fingers these days.anyhow the hard stuff is over.

new brakes,polished the rotor,applied lanolin.

brake cable,rear guards.

wallacewt

rusted coupling,after soaking in oil/acetone,2 days. the kangaroo jack(60lb)a dangerous tool.im 80kg,and swingin on the end of the jack it moved 25%.and night soaking,

i got around but it was very hard,plan b.soak it in white vinegar.i should have done this 1st.soaked over night

spun like a top.
drilled 2 holes through the old grease nipples and packed with marine grease
lights,front guards,

wallacewt

i forgot to mention, i dont have any oxy so i put  the coupling on the  bbq and it worked fine. it expanded enough for the oil/acetone to seep through along the shaft.but the vinsgar was by far the best idea once it could get at the rust.in the last pic just above the letter R is the #plate light.cheers

Dominick

Wallace:  Great progress report.  Looking good.  Spring is blooming so the fishing should look good.  I hope you are able to get out often.  BTW do we have to call you Captain now?  ;) ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

seaeagle2

How about some more info on the Coupler for your American viewers, that looks totally different than anything I've ever seen, maybe a link to mfgr website.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

wallacewt

hi seaeagle2
its made by trigg bros;
foundry in south australia

very common over here.
2270 kg rating
asd 18.(aussie standard rating)
suits a 50mm ball
approx;$100 aud new
mine is made for overider brakes,not electric or hydrolic.
because my axels are less than 1m apart its classed as a single axel trailer.
i only need brakes on the 2 front wheels
hi pesca
very exciting times coming up for fishing in western aust;
they are putting in permament FADS offshore(approx;30 miles)
and artificial reefs(5 mile)for recreational fishermen
funded by licences
they have started,bad weather stopped them on the 13th of this month,nov;
now hear this,this is your capt speaking
cheers mate