19ft swiftcraft

Started by wallacewt, October 17, 2013, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Very nice Wallace.  Looks like all your hard work is soon to pay off.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

wallacewt

yep trailer gets weighed tomorrow and inspected
all the main bits are new,so if it passes
its ok to fish.i can do the rest at my leisure and whiz out
for a fish with some decent weather.
inspection is $86,weighbridge $26

raumati01

Are you putting the seats back in mate? I don't have any in mine , if I'm snapper fishing we just take a couple of collapsible deck chairs

wallacewt

hi raumati01
they are removable,just 1 if i fish alone,which i prefer,
2 if we go out wide,share the ex,how did you go with the ratchet?

Alto Mare

Quote from: wallacewt on November 18, 2013, 11:41:11 AM
hi raumati01
I know you're tough as nails, just make sure there is always someone else next to you ;).
Besides, if he gets on your nerves, you could always push him overboard ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

raumati01

Quote from: wallacewt on November 18, 2013, 11:41:11 AM
hi raumati01

Just finishing off the 9500 Redsetta special for summer , the 8500 is next on  the list. Can you launch that by yourself easily enough? Before I moved I used to have to beach launch which was pretty much impossible by myself.

wallacewt

hi sal
the reason i like to fish alone is because i like to sportfish and experiment with different things after i catch a feed.90% of the time they dont work.eg spanish mackeral/4kg line,gd fun but not hard,down to 3kg,s then 2kg,s
similar things with different species.ive built my own fad for tuna and mahi mahi to try out this season.ive also developed a knot to pass through a level wind without getting  caught up. im going to fish fluoro leaders all this season.for all species. etc;etc; so this sort of fishing doesnt interest a lot of people.im better off alone
cheers buddy
hi ruamati01
there are 2 very good boat ramps near my place,i leave the hard stuff to the young blokes these days.beach launch etc;
cheers mate

Alto Mare

I still say you should have someone that knows how to handle that boat next to you. Anything can happen out there, I'm not wishing anything but the best for you buddy, but it doesn't take much to slip and bump your head.

Not related to the boat, but I just came home from a hospital. I've been using a nailer for many years and I'm always extra cautious, the nail came out of the wood and through my hand. I got lucky, it didn't hit any bones.
Anything can happen my friend, be careful out there.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

I'm happy that you weren't using a hammer. You would have had Veal Cullets.

Happy you weren't hurt to bad.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Ron Jones

Dom,
I praise God that you will recover. I limp when it is cold where a 8 came out of a framer, through the board and into my leg just above the knee when I was younger. Take care of that hand, it is hard to fish without one.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

wallacewt

the hand will be alright,it wont stop you from creating stuff
keep the brain cells safe
we need you.

floating doc

Hand injuries are terrible! I've really beat up my hands over the years, but nothing like that. I hope that you aren't in too much pain, and have a full recovery.
Central Florida

Alto Mare

Sorry for hijacking your thread buddy, I didn't know I had many that cared ;D, thanks guys.
I'm ok, no pain whatsoever.
I got lucky, the nail was a 3" framing nail and went through the palm of my hand, just below the skin. One inch was exposed so I pulled it out with my teeth.
I found out that my teeth will work better than a claw bar when needed ;D, I actually went back to work when I got out from the hospital, I went because my Tetanus shot was due.
Thanks again guys, your kind words are appreciated.
Sal.

wallacewt

goodonyah sal.
on a brighter note the trailer got weighed and inspected today.
it passed,said i did a good job,
so that makes the last couple of weeks worth it.
i feel no pain now

Alto Mare

I didn't have any doubts that you would pass inspections, you did a great job.
You know, I have cousins down your way, if I ever get down there, you will need to change your mind about a partner on that boat ;D.
Enjoy it Wallace, yes they're a pain to maintain, but when you're out there all the pain goes away ;).