19ft swiftcraft

Started by wallacewt, October 17, 2013, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I miss my 150 Evinrude. That Baby would Haul the Mail! ;) 32 Gallon tank sounds good to me Wally! ;D

Life is Good!

wallacewt

sharkie
this missile,is it usa bass boat

Tightlines667

Wallace,
I guess I am rusty...right idea, I think, error in execution :(
I calculated (as did all of us), the area of R2 should be 110 (not 120)X34X0.5=1,870cm^2
Making this correction and using my method (of sum of areas of 2 rectangles and the triangle) and I come up with V=193,860cm^3=193.86L=51.18G

However,
Lee's method of calculating total volume of cube and subtracting volume of the missing half cube seems simpler and sound.  Not sure what's going on here but when I calculate it this way I get a total volume:

259,200cm^3 (total V of cube) - 100,980cm^3 (total volume of half cube) =
V=158,220cm^3=158.22L=41.77G

Not sure what's going on here, I tried it severel different ways and keep coming up with the same 2 answers, I must be missing something here,
It is getting late, and I'm tired from 3 long days of doing science/conference stuff.  Guess someone better check my work.

Just make sure you don't neglect the 10cm spot on top, and use 1/2 X base X height X length for half cube volume.

Given the demensions it seems reasonable to expect it to hold 45-50 gals, so your initial estimate of 175L is prob good.  Fill er up, and find out.  I always had a back up emergency engine(kicker), seperate fuel supply(external tank/jug(s)), and seperate battery (charged but not wired to anything) when venturing offshore. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: wallacewt on February 23, 2014, 07:59:22 AM
sharkie
this missile,is it usa bass boat
Yes, It is actually called a fish-n-ski. It has a ski bar that replaces the back seat. I bought it new in 1988 and have many fond memories of it. I sold it this past fall, I was having engine troubles and I'd say 25 years was a good run! ;) It would cruise nicely at 55mph. When I needed fuel, I would drop the wife and kids off at the dock and open her up with only me. With little fuel and little weight, I could attain a speed of 68mph. :P This picture was taken last September. I took good care of her. ;) 18' Arrow Glass Prototype.

Life is Good!

wallacewt

tl 666
not sure myself,ill see what different answers we get
its 9/10 full at the moment

MFB

They're a great motor, have a 115 HP on 18' hull is rated up to 150HP, 130 on 19' is about right. Power is a good thing when your going over a west coast bar or having to punch through pressure waves.

Rgds

Mark   
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Alto Mare

Wallace, if you're still not sure, go with the lowest and you won't get in trouble ;).
Trim tabs will keep that boat steady and balanced, I also believe it saves on fuel if you set them just right.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

nah its not that sal,my body wont take it.
no jarring for me
i leave earlier,take my time

Irish Jigger

Your estimate is very good Wallace.
I calculate the displacement of your tank to be 187.92L.
The volume would be slightly less depending on material thickness of tank. ;)

wallacewt

getting rust off plastic,
I tried this, GUMPTION,after I removed plastic holders.
its terrific,bit coarser than toothpaste,instant
before and after pics

wallacewt

starboard side is the same as this,1 in the middle over the engine
clean up,paint,5 metal rod holders
a good day.
cheers

wallacewt

we went to hoity toity today for lunch
liz,yougotta wear a tie
im not,its 37 deg
had lunch,sea food platter
scallops,fish,wine,calamarie,wine,oysters kill-Patrick,cold muscels oops,chilli
liz drove home,while I sang all of her requests,martyrobbins joined in
couldn't keep up,not sure he knows all the words
good day,gd night.  ;)
liz whatsa ti,never mind what round its now

Shark Hunter

It that you and the misses Wally? You look like you are fitting right in at the Hoity Toity! ;D
Glad to see you in person old Chap! ;) Looks like a nice spread of seafood there. I bet it was Delicious. :P
Life is Good!

wallacewt

Alto Mare

Quote from: wallacewt on February 28, 2014, 10:53:28 AM
im the one on the left
;D

Looking good, not you Wallace, Elizabeth. What did she ever see in you ::) ;D
Nice photo, thanks for sharing ;)
Cheers...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.