sharking last night

Started by Chris Gatorfan, October 21, 2013, 02:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgoose

Congrats on the nice toothies !!

ChileRelleno

How'd I miss this thread?  ???

Nice sharks ya caught there.
The BTs and Spinners can definitely put on a show, I love it when they go airborne.
Back in SoCal we'd get the Makos and the flips they'd do were fantastic.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

erikpowell

Which one is better eating, can you tell a difference?

Shark Hunter

I'm pretty sure there is a slot limit Eric. The rules are so hard to understand. I look at it like this. If one accidentally dies, he is in the slot limit! ;) Shark Steaks and bait!
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Bts are netter eating, there is several differences etween the two. In NC, if its over 54" it keeps
Grayson Lanier

Chris Gatorfan

BTs are great table fare especially if they are less than 4'. There is no size limit on them and like 4 or 5 other sharks here in Florida but for all the rest there a size limit of at least 56". Then if your out in fed waters here you have to have a HMS Permit to keep any shark.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Are you sure about those Blacktips Chris? Mainly in Pensacola.
If there is no limit on size what you can keep, I will be keeping at least one to eat. ;)
Life is Good!

Cone

Chris is right. No size limit on Black Tips. There is a size limit on spinner sharks which are often confused. Here's a link.  http://www.eregulations.com/florida/fishing/saltwater/saltwater-fishing-regulations/  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

I should have thrown this little guy on the grill! He was so pissed, this is the only second he was still.
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

If we get one while your down ill cook some up for you.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.