bearing packer (mm and inch), adaptor and needle kit - back in stock 7/23/2020

Started by alantani, April 07, 2010, 05:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Bryan, you talked about this a year ago and we're still waiting and don't tell me or anyone else to do it ... you're in the spotlight ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Unfortunately, I cannot film and operate the bearing packer for a demo.  I'm not priviledged and have all of those fancy smancy video or camera gear. 

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 27, 2012, 01:14:24 AM
Bryan, you talked about this a year ago and we're still waiting and don't tell me or anyone else to do it ... you're in the spotlight ;)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

reefmonsta

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 27, 2012, 05:02:10 AM
Unfortunately, I cannot film and operate the bearing packer for a demo.  I'm not priviledged and have all of those fancy smancy video or camera gear. 

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 27, 2012, 01:14:24 AM

Bryan,

I am still targeting to be out there sometime next month.  I dont have super fancy gear but do have a point and shoot that does HD video.  If you dont have one done by the time I make it out there I dont mind shooting and editing it up but you are gonna have to fight Alan on who's gonna be the star of the show!   ;D
reefmonsta

alantani

two left as of today.  got a few delron prototypes, also.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jaws197

Was wanting to know how I can go about ordering the kit Alan? I would love to order one if they are still available? ???

Bryan Young

PM Alan you address and he will send one out to you and you return the money in the enclosed envelope.  If you are overseas, then he will get you his paypal account so that you can pay him via that means.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jaws197

Thanks Bryan! I appreciate the heads up!
This site is awesome and the info here is priceless!
I love having the ability to absorb all the info from Alan, yourself, and all the other wise ones here.

ak555

Do you have any kits left?  How long would it take to receive one?

redsetta

G'day Alan,
Just wanted to pass on my thanks and appreciation for the delron packers.
They're top-notch and a pleasure to use.
I've been packing bearings for years with a grease gun and a fairly agricultural hydraulic pressure technique, but this is significantly easier and more efficient.
Much appreciated!
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

wallacewt

installed your ss dogs yesterday(storms)justin,thanks,the price was right ;)any update on the 12 tooth

redsetta

Great - hope they work out well.
No progress on the 12-tooth for the 7500SS as the demand has been low to date. Will let you know when I do it though...
Cheers, Justin
PS I assume you had a couple of little shims to hand for the dogs?
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

I see that everyone is liking the new/ larger bearing packer in delrin, but when should we be seeing it in metal for us domestic guys?
Thanks
Dom

Bryan Young

Dom,

The prototype delrin are the same size as the brass one.  Alan was wondering what he was going to do with all of those prototypes, and didn't want to chuck them.  So they were sent overseas for a reduced shipping fee and it all works out.  Not sure if the larger bearing packers will be made, but I know that I would like a set to 1.5" and mm. equivalence.

broadway

I thought the larger packers were made in Delrin as prototypes, but now I see it's the old prototypes from the original packer. I'm in need of a larger packer when they go into production.
Thanks
Dom

David Bentley

Quote from: Bryan Young on June 22, 2012, 12:44:59 AM
Dom,

The prototype delrin are the same size as the brass one.  Alan was wondering what he was going to do with all of those prototypes, and didn't want to chuck them.  So they were sent overseas for a reduced shipping fee and it all works out.  Not sure if the larger bearing packers will be made, but I know that I would like a set to 1.5" and mm. equivalence.

Got mine yesterday, in OZ, for $37.00 landed in WA it looks the goods. I will find out over the weekend after I buy the grease gun, assuming I can find the one that is suitable.
Dave