Greeting from the Jersey Shore

Started by Fishin Dude, November 03, 2013, 01:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishin Dude

Hello to everyone here,

My name is Darren, AKA Fishin Dude, a moniker given to me years ago by a Virginia charter captain while fishing on Chincoteague Bay, which has stuck to this day.

I fish as much as I can, from either my own, my friends, 6 pack charter, or party boats, as well as from shore. I'm guilty of not knowing the exact count of how many reels I own, but probably 95% of them are Penn Reels.

I enjoy the thrill of finding a new one for my display collection, as well as the satisfaction of the repairing/ rebuilding/customizing  process to resurrect old Penn reels to one day fish again, most even better than before.

I know that I will learn things here, and only hope that I can give back in return. I don't have a machine shop, I'm just a guy with some hand tools and a fishing addiction.   

Fish Control My Brain

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

harryk3616

you will fit right in, enjoy. picked up a chinoteague boat built down there years ago with friends, nice place.  long island  n.y.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

Welcome fishin dude, I'm up in north jersey(Sparta). You'll like it here. Let the addiction begin ;D
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Fishin Dude on November 03, 2013, 01:22:54 AM

Hello to everyone here, my name is Darren, AKA Fishin Dude
I don't have a machine shop, I'm just a guy with some hand tools 

That could be dangerous here and can hurt you, especially in your wallet ;D

Welcome Dude!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Uh Oh! We have another Darren! ;)
Welcome Fishin Dude! I am Daron.
Enjoy your stay Buddy! ;D
Life is Good!

floating doc

Central Florida

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Cone

Welcome! It's always good to have another Penn dude here. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

bluefish69

Welcome from Queens N.Y. During Spring & Summer I work on the boats in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn.

What town are you in? We have relatives from A.C. South to Mamora.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Fishin Dude

Fish Control My Brain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D