Custom cut washers

Started by Alto Mare, December 06, 2013, 11:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Quote from: Keta on December 06, 2013, 08:34:32 PM
Nice, my yokes bent far too easy and it was not worth the $ for me to buy the harder material.
You're still my favorite ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I'm already looking for a Disc cutter. Bob, those handles of Lees are the BOMB! I can't wait to put them to use on some Monster Senators! ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

Zin or not, the washers will be great Lee. It is much easier not to have to mess with them.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 06, 2013, 11:13:47 PM
Quote from: Pescachaser on December 06, 2013, 11:08:44 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on December 06, 2013, 11:04:02 PM
You're still my favorite ;).

Whoa!   :o   
Oh boy, here we go. Friday night...zin time. ::) :-* :-*
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D good one Sal.  I'm out of Zin so I'm drinking a 1996 Merlot.  Gawd it's hot in here.  Who put that wall there.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 06, 2013, 11:04:18 PM
I'm already looking for a Disc cutter.

You have some larger reels, make sure you buy the correct size.
The cutters that I'm showing go up to 1", you will need those and another cutter with larger sizes.
Shop around as I said, I paid $25 for this set, I've seen the same set for $60.
You will also need a brass hammer, mine was custom made by Bob (Cone).

By the way, some guys here have sets that cut Id and OD at the same time, but they're not cheap :-\.
check for those as well and you decide on what will work for you.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Sal and Lee, u2 never seize to amaze me. round of applause for you guys....

Cone

Quote from: Mel B on December 07, 2013, 01:19:28 PM
Sal and Lee, u2 never seize to amaze me. round of applause for you guys....

I agree! You two have helped us all. Thank you both! I'm always amazed at the knowledge and skill that is freely shared here.    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD