Penn spinfisher questions

Started by Tate, December 17, 2013, 07:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tate

Guys

I have a really good problem.  I really lucked into this deal.  I got some reward points at work a while back.  It's a website where you can pick out things and use the points to redeem them.  I figured it was mostly junk so I never looked until today.  I realized I got some sweet options.   I can choose from about a hundred reels and a few less rods than that.  I am looking at a Penn V 4500.  I need a lighter weight reel for surf, jetty, pier, wading, fishing etc. but still has some strength so this fits.  I would get the 6500 if available, but it jumps from 4500 to 7500 and above.  I think the 7500 is heavier than I want for slot reds, trout, flounder etc.  if I go with the 4500 I got enough points for a rod.  I think this 7' 3" penn allegiance 8 - 15 pound rod might work best.  Its got Fujinguides too.  I assume I can still run 20 pound braid on that if I want to. The other option is the penn power stick 7' 0", but it looks to be 12 to 30 pound which might be too heavy.  There is also a 6 to 12 pound 6'9" allegiance option.  Or should I just buy a completely different rod?    What do you guys think?  

Thanks,

Tate