9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Now I know why Tom has been fairly silent over the past few months.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Irish Jigger

Good to see Penn parts being "made with pride in the USA" again. Well done broadway.

Alto Mare

Anything that Tom Hryniuk makes, I need to have. The man is a genius.
Put me down for Two Dom, silver and black ;)...Thanks!
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

Dom,

I would like one black frame.

Thanks,

John

erikpowell

Dom,
This is a great offering from you..and Tom! Thanks for bringing this to the table.
My 1st choice is the Gunmetal. If not gunmetal, then Black.
I'm in !

Shark Hunter

I'm chompin' at the bit for one of these Dom and Tom Frames. :P
Are we going to do the paypal thing Dom? Or just a check return?
I can't wait to see pics! ;)
Life is Good!

broadway

Sharky,
    We're gonna go with money orders and checks I believe. I've had some pretty bad paypal experiences.
I'll try to send someone photos to post here when I get a shot.  I don't have any completed photos, but Tom sent me some of the unanodized machined frame.
I've been chompin' so long I need dentures ;D
Thanks
Dom
Thanks Erik... Keep you guys posted on the ano colors and frame progress as I'm told.

Cortez_Conversions

Hi All,
Just wanted to give the specs on Dom's frame kit.

It's a hybrid half frame that will use a single Penn crossbar to pin the top harness lugs.
It comes with a rod clamp and SST mounting hardware
We are providing a new Penn chrome over brass crossbar. If you want to upgrade to a SST crossbar, MysticParts has them in stock.

There are two color options, Black and polished Silver.
The Black is Type III hard Anodize, and the Silver is a bright Silver that you all are used to.

The Type III Silver or gun metal color didn't work out.

They will fit both the Made in U.S.A. and the L2 reels. While it may look odd, you can also run the Accurate sideplates
if you are lucky enough to own a set. The sides of the harness lugs will show, causing the odd look.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Tom

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Tom, I'm dying to see what these frames look like, do you have a pix you could post? It doesn't have to be anodized.
Thanks! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Tom, that looks like a masterpiece, you're amazing. I can't wait to get my hand on some.
Thanks Tom!
Sal

erikpowell

Noice !  Can't wait... just traded a TLD25 to a customer for my first 9/0... a reely nice one, just for this occasion.

broadway

Thanks for posting the photos, Tom... It's still a pain in the neck from my Mac ???
Sal, much like you, Tom doesn't do anything half-arsed... that's why I went to him ;)
All the best,
Dom

Chris Gatorfan

Well like i said i am definitely down for one. Make it a silver for me.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Wow! That polished silver looks Sexy! Good Job Tom! :P
Life is Good!