Pontoons

Started by Keta, December 21, 2013, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

Very nice work. Like!
How much range (or hours) can you get out of one fully charged standard size deep cycle battery?

Keta

I'm not sure about range, the river is frozen right now.  They are lite and shallow draft compared to a boat.  My plan is to use the oars for moving and the motor for control when drift fishing.  Ken fishes lakes and has plans for the ocean.

Quote from: Newell Nut on December 21, 2013, 11:53:54 AM
Great looking design Lee. Those things should sell like hotcakes here in Florida. I would want one if I could fit it in my garage.

Great job Lee.

Assembled they are 9'x5' the float tubes come off in a few minutes.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Lee, the green and blue clash.  Do you make them in custom colors?  If you end up making them in different colors, please post some more photos.  I would like to see blaze orange with the blue pontoons.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

LTM

Lee, Im looking forward to seeing YOUR fully rigged craft (fish finder, rod holders, camera mounts, gear chest, live well/ice chest, tandem seats and canopy for wilderness river tours, etc.). BTW, what are you going to call this new craft? Your adventure from the headwaters to the coast reminds me of the book "The Old Man and the Sea" (I read this as a kid and saw the old black/white movie which had a HUGE impact on my life). Im not saying your "real old" (were all aging) just the adventure part of things. I wish you the best on this business venture and look forward to possibly aquiring one for myself. HOWEVER, please dont abandon your parts making for WE WOULD ALL GO CRAZY if you do  :o

Dont forget the pictures and videos AND YOUR SS PARTS,

Leo

Keta

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 21, 2013, 05:17:51 PM
Lee, the green and blue clash.  Do you make them in custom colors?  If you end up making them in different colors, please post some more photos.  I would like to see blaze orange with the blue pontoons.  Dominick

The water cutter is the powder coater, he can do any color made.  My float tubes are red.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, make yours the same as Dominick, fluorescent orange, this way you'll never get lost.
The world won't be the same without the two of you ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

erikpowell

Nice cat !
are the tubes hypalon or pvc?
That's a sick frame Lee.  ;)

Keta

They are PVC.

Mark Twain

Dominick

Quote from: erikpowell on December 22, 2013, 02:13:47 AM
Nice cat !
are the tubes hypalon or pvc?
That's a sick frame Lee.  ;)

Quote from: Keta on December 22, 2013, 02:14:32 AM
They are PVC.

What tubes are you talking about?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 23, 2013, 10:17:53 PM

What tubes are you talking about?  Dominick

The float tubes are PVC, the frame is aluminum tubing.

Mark Twain

erikpowell

Quote from: Keta on December 22, 2013, 02:14:32 AM
They are PVC.

Lee, I'm curious...are they Sotar, Wing, or Jack's?

Keta

Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Figure that one out Dominick! ;)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 24, 2013, 07:44:45 AM
Figure that one out Dominick! ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D   That's hilarious Daron

I'll explain for ya'll... ;D  I have a long history in the whitewater industry so I was stoked to see Lee on to the inflatables and building custom frames.
I still have a couple rafts back home and lots of friends all over the industry. Right before I took a job in Fiji, I was about to have a frame built for one of my smaller rafts for fishing my favorite whitewater runs. So I was curious as to whose cataraft tubes Lee was using.
I may have also been phishing a little.....to plug some industry friends ;D

If you're interested in fishing rivers in West ByGod Virginia, OR, NorCal, or AK... I know some solid guides to put you in touch with !

AND, I can also tell all my friends I know a guy who does some sick custom framework in Oregon !  ;)

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays Ya'll !

Meanwhile

Down to the basics, how many fuel cans can it hold so I can tow it out to sea and fill up?  Make one with a built in fuel bladder built for high speed towing.

Randy