Yamalube ultramatic

Started by MarcosG, October 03, 2014, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcosG

I just received a grease called yamalube ultramatic.
A company shipped this grease by mistake. I decided to keep it since I already bought the marine. The grease is light beige and looks and fells like the Shimano star drag grease. It's thinner than the marine. I was thinking if it could be used for something else.
Regards

handi2

It states it is used in ATV clutch assemblies. It must be a good grease..
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

Hi Marcos --

At home, I run Polaris Snowmobiles -- but the Yamaha Ultramatic is used on the Yamaha sleds to grease the primary clutch/drive belt assembly.

It is not supposed to fling off at higher speeds.  Some types of greases will become stiff though.  Let us know how this works.

Overall, in my opinion, it is hard to beat the Yamaha Marine grease for any reel I service.  Simple, easy application with a brush or needle gun, cheap, and salt water resistant.  The Penn grease works well also.  

It just works -- and never a dissatisfied reel service client.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Just my two cents here,
When I first started working on reels. I used the best grease I had on hand. I got some mobil red synthetic grease from work and used it on a 12/0. After only a few months, I took it apart and the grease had started to lose its consistency, becoming very thick and not what I wanted. I only use Penn Blue now. I am very happy with it and it stays the same, even in hot sun and beach environments when I open it back up to make sure everything is OK. I like the fact that it is thin enough to be sucked up in a syringe and applied to the main gear around the housing as a final step on steel gears. I have went through several pound tubs of it on my Senators, Jigmasters, Baymasters and Surfmasters. That's all I use. It keeps it simple. Penn Blue, Cals and reel X. Its inexpensive and it works. ;)
Life is Good!

MarcosG

I may try it on a small reel but I agree on the Yamaha marine grease and the Penn blue.
I was just very courious about it because its look and fells good to the touch. I was supposed to receive a $8.00 Yamaha grease but they sent me a $30.00 one. I called the company and they offered me to keep it. I cant find the data sheet for it but it is used for clutch and driving belt. I does look really good but I'll try on a cheaper reel first.