Some of my stuff

Started by heckrazr, December 22, 2013, 06:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

Quote from: broschro on December 24, 2013, 12:26:27 AM
Is it a chum dispenser?

The big black thing is the spring for the garage door.
Central Florida

fastfishin85

Quote from: heckrazr on December 23, 2013, 10:56:54 PM
Thanks again everyone.....surprised no one asked about the big black thing hangin up there as well.....

Dave
it looks like a potato gun to me

floating doc

Quote from: fastfishin85 on December 24, 2013, 02:04:14 AM
Quote from: heckrazr on December 23, 2013, 10:56:54 PM
Thanks again everyone.....surprised no one asked about the big black thing hangin up there as well.....

Dave
it looks like a potato gun to me

I took another look; I think you're right.
Central Florida

heckrazr

Fastfishin85 has it correct....it's a 6 1/2 ft tall potato cannon....I can blast a potato close to a 1/4 mile up into the hills....shoots about a 3 ft flame after ignition......yeah, the cops have been called before when shooting this thing off.....laffs
Maui is where the heart and soul belong.....very soon

Shark Hunter

Those tater cannons are a blast! Me and my Brother made a pair. Not six foot long though. More like about 4'. Spray in Hair spray, drop in the tater, and push the grill ignitor in the cap. Ka-Boom!
I would hate to get hit by one. :P
Life is Good!

BMITCH

Hmmmm daron, maybe the yak isn't need to "launch" the baits out onto those shark infested waters? Just a thought.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

heckrazr

Bait launching via potato cannon.....I like it.....

AndrewC

Frozen Oranges will give you greater range..........they don't tend to tumble as much after launch
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Dominick

Quote from: heckrazr on December 25, 2013, 02:21:28 AM
Bait launching via potato cannon.....I like it.....

If someone decides to take on this challenge, please video tape it.  I thought of launching bait from the beach with sling shots and maybe crossbows but I never thought of a potato cannon.  BTW the frozen oranges is a brilliant idea.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

There are a bunch of cannon launching bait on youtube, here is one:
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I seriously thought about this. Problem is, how do I launch a stingray? Or a half a Bluefish?
If the bait is on the small side, I think its a great idea.
Life is Good!

floating doc

For deploying a big shark bait, a small radio controlled electric boat would work.  There's several of them on YouTube.
Central Florida

heckrazr

The blast from my potato cannon may melt or ruin the line.  I can guarantee that the cannon will shoot twice if not 3 times as far.  I use either ether or acetylene for the gas.....fan some air into it, close the pvc end and hit the electronic ignition (bbq ignitor). If I can figure out how to get it out there, I will.

BMITCH

I remember seeing this! I think these guys are from jersey, go figure. Anyway, I think you can have too much velocity which in turn would either rip the bait or just simply leave it on the beach. Anyone who has ever tried to lob a full clam out into the surf knows what I'm talking about. The best is to swim or yak or boat it out. My point is when does it stop becoming surfcasting? ???
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: floating doc on December 25, 2013, 11:38:34 PM
For deploying a big shark bait, a small radio controlled electric boat would work.  There's several of them on YouTube.
I checked those out too doc. I am into RC, so I know it can be done. That's just more gear I will have to bring and something always goes wrong with a rc boat eventually. I think paddle power is the way to go.
Life is Good!