9/0 double dog

Started by Shark Hunter, December 25, 2013, 01:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

In anticipation of Santa's arrival. I think I'll do another double dog and a 7 stack.

Using Black Pearls gears on this one and Bryan's washers.
Alternating double ss dogs and sleeve.

Almost done, taken back apart several times and modified the plate.

Santa has came, I gave him a high five, some cookies and Milk. The Sun is coming up. Merry Christmas Everybody! ;)

Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

Merry Christmas t you and your family Daron. And i look forward to seeing that beauty scream hear in a few months.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Dominick

Looking good Daron.  What are you going to load it up with?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

erikpowell

Merry Christmas Daron!

I just got a 9/0, I was pondering what spool it with when I'm finished.... How much 80 will it hold?

Shark Hunter

The 80lb mono I use is .090. So I'm guessing about 1000 yards. I know I have to crank my Butt off to get it filled up. ::)
Life is Good!

floating doc

I don't know what diameter is typical for most 80 pound mono, but that's about double what the reel is supposed to hold. What brand line are you using?

I would like to get a thousand yards of 80 (or even 800) on my 9/0s. The Sealine is rated for 400 of 80, although it's been my experience that the Daiwa ratings are somewhat conservative.  My 115L with the one piece brass spool is a bit larger, but I can't find any estimates over 500 for it.

If you're using an IGFA 80 with a fine diameter,  I could see that accounting for some of the difference. Since I want to do some beach shark fishing next year,  tips like this are really useful.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

That's just a Guess Doc. I think those mono ratings are incorrect, with todays thinner and stronger lines.
I won't go anything less than 80 for abrasion resistance.
Life is Good!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

just measured my izorline 1st string 80 <=> 1.08mm...also look at bhptackle wind-on leader connections. hope this helps.