Inches per revolution

Started by BMITCH, January 03, 2014, 05:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

This is exactly WHY I asked this question. The 9/0 as daron suggested is IMO to heavy to stand at the rail all night chunking( which is what I will be using this for). The smaller reels are very nice....but they are just that, smaller. If I'm lucky enough to hook into something with some shoulders I would feel under gunned with say a smaller Avet. My usual go to reel has been in the past the Tiagra 30WLRS. I like this reel but was looking for the best I could build in the senator series. Something about besting a good fish on something you built ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

I hear you Bob! ;D For my kind of fishing. I just have to take it out of the rod holder and sit the Gimbal in my fighting belt and strap the reel to my harness. Then its game on.
Pound for pound, I think the most powerful reel in the smallest size I have right now is the 114HLW full frame with the Hex Drags. Next to the WEX, I think this is going to be a powerful setup with the line capacity to boot! ;)
Life is Good!

BMITCH

You got that right Daron. I'm currently working on the same reel. I recently picked up the full frame 114HLW frame only on eBay. Now I'm just waiting for a few modification parts. I'll tap out this frame to the 10-32 thread size like I did the standard full frame 114H I posted in the photo forum. Im waiting on lee to get me a couple more of his Kranks. And also waiting on delivery of some screws for McMaster. I should be posting some finished reels in the not to distant future.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.