Surfmaster 200

Started by Shark Hunter, January 03, 2014, 06:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Is there a Tib frame available for a Surfmaster 200?
Its the one on the left. :D
Life is Good!

Frank

P10 will fit the Penn Squidder 140 and Surfmaster 200
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Shark Hunter

Before I spring for a Tib frame for this Surfmaster. It still has the plastic spool. Scotts sells an Aluminum one for it. A 29L-200 for 35 bucks. I would rather get the aluminum replacement than get the original Chrome 200M one thats a three piece. Anybody ever tried this?
Life is Good!

Keta

The Surfmaster 100 and 150 reels I use have had the plastic and chromed brass spools replaced with aluminum ones.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

I'm looking for an aluminum spool for a Surfmaster 200 if anybody has one. I will order from Scott's as a last resort.
Life is Good!

Kreate

That Surfmaster is going to turn out so good.  I cant wait to see the finished product.  Bluefish watch out!

Shark Hunter

Scored a P-10 Frame from the Boss! Such a good deal, I'm not going to brag!
No one has an aluminum spool? If I order from Scotts, I'm buying two. ;)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 08, 2014, 06:47:59 AM
If Alan hasn't sent out the frame yet, you may want to pick up a SS gear sleeve for that reel as well.  It should be the same as the squidder SS gear sleeve.

I'm still working out the 5+1 drag stack kits for this gear set since Dawn does not have the drag washer size in the thickness that is needed.  So we will be working on an option or two shortly...due to come out in a couple of weeks.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 08, 2014, 08:58:56 AM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 08, 2014, 06:47:59 AM
If Alan hasn't sent out the frame yet, you may want to pick up a SS gear sleeve for that reel as well.  It should be the same as the squidder SS gear sleeve.

I'm still working out the 5+1 drag stack kits for this gear set since Dawn does not have the drag washer size in the thickness that is needed.  So we will be working on an option or two shortly...due to come out in a couple of weeks.

Bryan
I'm already there ;D.
Using your .50mm metal washers and Dawn's .50mm they will do just fine. Dawn's sheet is actually .48mm.

As I said earlier, purple is one of my favorite colors ;D

I love these little reels ;)
I forgot to mention that I also like to use Lee's inserts on these.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Way to go Sal, staying ahead of the pack. As Lewis Grizzard wrote "if you aren't the lead dog the scenery never changes".

Bryan Young

I hear ya Sal.  I just don't want to cut washers if Dawn already has cut washers in that size and thickness...unfortunately, not that thickness in the size I need.  It's easy enough if you are only cutting washers for your own reel, but I'm not a manufacture if I also have to take care of my little ones...just not enough time in the day to do it on a larger scale.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I'll try to remember what Smooth Drag CF washers I used, they were .020" thick (.508 mm) with the right ID and larger OD.  With the smaller ID of the 60 main gear my "soft" .020" eared washers worked, Bryan's harder washers will work even better.  With a bridge and gearsleeve for a mandrel and a belt sander reworking the OD is quick.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Thanks for the input guys. Mine is going to be red Sal. Not a purple fan. Just sayin'
If all Alan had was purple, I guess I would be. ;)
Life is Good!