Surfmaster 200

Started by Shark Hunter, January 03, 2014, 06:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

No, it doesn't fit, but 2 minutes with my dremel and it will. ;)
Bob Stenbro from Tiburon responded to my email and said he is sending a replacement. ;D
Life is Good!

alantani

can you forward the email address to me?  i need to get a new clamp for hoyt as well. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

I forwarded you the original.
bob@tiburonengineering.com
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 15, 2014, 08:27:02 PM
No, it doesn't fit, but 2 minutes with my dremel and it will.

Daron, any pics of your progress ?
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

I'm going to get on this weekend Ono. I just made plinths and drank beer last weekend. ;D
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Finally got around to putting the Surfmaster together.
It turned out well, I had no problems with the star threads on the ss sleeve either.
Waiting on the new clamp from Tiburon.
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Daron, what was wrong with your clamp? 

I just received the Tib frame for my Surfmaster 100, and the reel foot is huge.. way too big for the rod I wanted to use.
Before I bust out the grinder and ruin the anodize, I was going to check to see if Tiburon makes a smaller size reel foot i could change to.

I had the same problem with an Avet SX reel foot, but Avet supplied the smaller seat for like $9

Shark Hunter

The clamp won't slide over the studs. It is too narrow and about 1/8" too small to even fit over them. I will open it up either way.
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

I see 4 metal washers. How did you configure the drag? Really nice looking reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

alantani

Quote from: noyb72 on January 27, 2014, 02:04:57 AM
I see 4 metal washers. How did you configure the drag? Really nice looking reel.
Ron

the last one should be a spring washer.  yeah, nice work!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

You got me Ron! ;D
I used original HT-100's, They are about .80. I need some .50 sheet to complete the 5 stack with Bryan's washers. Wallace has me a sheet on the way. I just made it a 4 stack with two Eared washers in the middle of the stack. It seems to work pretty good. I put the spring washer on top.
CF, Keyed, CF, Eared, CF, Eared, CF, Keyed, spring washer.
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

That is close to a factory stack except I don't think the eared washers are supposed to be next to each other?
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Factory stack is only three, with just one eared. I just doubled up the eared, feels pretty stout!
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

Ah,
I see why you did that. In my mind I would have alternated them, but there is no right answer. Glad you are happy with it.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"