Penn Housings.

Started by SNAPPERHEAD, January 12, 2014, 08:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SNAPPERHEAD

Are the Penn Alluminum housings (SLAMMER AND SS) still made here in the US or are they made in China too? I was wondering if there was a difference in quality?

I would assume they are still made here in the US and sent off to china for assembly. I am assuming that the quality hasn't changed either, which is good quality!

Thanks!
SNAPPERHEAD

Bryan Young

If the reel is marked with their made in the USA symbol them major components are made in the USA, such as gears, body, ...  Common standard items such as bearings, Springs, ... may be made in other countries. This was confirmed by Penn and Steve Carson just yesterday.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

CroMonty

Only Torque and 704/706z among Penn's spinning reels are made in US, everything else is completely China made; bearings and similar parts maybe even come from some third country.
I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception! :)

SNAPPERHEAD

I was too general. The reason I was asking about the housing was because I want to get a new housing for my 260 Slammewr to replace my older USA labeled housing. Apparrantly someone answered my question and they are made in China presently. I want to know if the China alluminum housings (slammer) are still of good quality. Just not sure. I am ordering my housing from Scott's Bait and Tackle too, if you guys were wondering....

Thanks
Ben

Cone

I have a 760 live liner. It's China made. The housing seems to be pretty good quality wise. It has a good finish and has held up well so far. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD