Penn 113 HLW Special Senator Anniversary Edition

Started by pompano joe, January 15, 2014, 09:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pompano joe

Just finished this one...Came together around a Tiburon one-piece, topless frame.  Other upgrades include a 5 stack of ground flat stainless and Carbontex fiber drag washers sandwiched in Cal's, SS gear sleeve and A/R dog, ceramic bearings and round aluminum power knob.  Used the original gears, the hidden harness rings from a Baja Special and a slotted bearing cap/tension adjustment from a Penn 20 Mag.     
Pompano Joe

Cone

Joe, that's a sweet looking reel. You always build some nice reels!  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

BMITCH

Very,very NICE! Joe, funny thing is I was just thinking of how to NOT have the harness rings on a 113h. Thanks for the idea. Looks great!
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

ThaFish

Quote from: pompano joe on January 15, 2014, 09:56:41 PM
Just finished this one...Came together around a Tiburon one-piece, topless frame.  Other upgrades include a 5 stack of ground flat stainless and Carbontex fiber drag washers sandwiched in Cal's, SS gear sleeve and A/R dog, ceramic bearings and round aluminum power knob.  Used the original gears, the hidden harness rings from a Baja Special and a slotted bearing cap/tension adjustment from a Penn 20 Mag.     

I've seen this reel in person guys, the picture doesn't do it justice! It's flawless. Didn't realize you were on this forum as well Joe. Guess I should have figured you were though due to your phenomenal reel collection. Haha.

DaBigOno

Quote from: BMITCH on January 15, 2014, 10:37:24 PM
Very,very NICE! Joe, funny thing is I was just thinking of how to NOT have the harness rings on a 113h.

I agree with Bob on the hidden harness lugs!   Also, it's something about a RED spool that makes me drool.  thanks for sharing Joe!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

sundaytrucka

Quote from: Dabigono on January 28, 2014, 04:01:36 AM
Quote from: BMITCH on January 15, 2014, 10:37:24 PM
Very,very NICE! Joe, funny thing is I was just thinking of how to NOT have the harness rings on a 113h.

I agree with Bob on the hidden harness lugs!   Also, it's something about a RED spool that makes me drool.  thanks for sharing Joe!

X2

The red spool really sets it off. Great looking reel. So the reversible harness lugs from the Baja Special drop right in, no worry about the lugs hitting the spool when reversed?

Thanks for posting.

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

handi2

Joe I found you a Pro Gear 545..!! It's being shipped to me soon.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

stoked4fishin

WOW, awesome job!  I'm currently upgrading my 113H with the narrow Tiburon frame/spool, SS gear sleeve, SS hardened yoke, Smoothie SS/Carbontex drags, and Tiburon power handle.  Where did you get the hidden lugs and the bearing cap/tension parts?  Do you have the specific part numbers?  Thanks

SNAPPERHEAD

Nice conversion! I am curious though, did you use one S.S. dog or two?

SNAPPERHEAD

pompano joe

Quote from: stoked4fishin on February 15, 2014, 06:43:42 AM
WOW, awesome job!  I'm currently upgrading my 113H with the narrow Tiburon frame/spool, SS gear sleeve, SS hardened yoke, Smoothie SS/Carbontex drags, and Tiburon power handle.  Where did you get the hidden lugs and the bearing cap/tension parts?  Do you have the specific part numbers?  Thanks

Thought I got these from mysticparts.com, but what I see on there today is not what I've used.  I'll have to go back and figure it out.  The one's I used didn't have the top ring at all.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Pompano Joe

pompano joe

Quote from: pompano joe on February 17, 2014, 10:28:34 PM
Quote from: stoked4fishin on February 15, 2014, 06:43:42 AM
WOW, awesome job!  I'm currently upgrading my 113H with the narrow Tiburon frame/spool, SS gear sleeve, SS hardened yoke, Smoothie SS/Carbontex drags, and Tiburon power handle.  Where did you get the hidden lugs and the bearing cap/tension parts?  Do you have the specific part numbers?  Thanks

Thought I got these from mysticparts.com, but what I see on there today is not what I've used.  I'll have to go back and figure it out.  The one's I used didn't have the top ring at all.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Just one.  I've never had a single SS dog fail...maybe I'm not catchin' big enough fish!  lol!
Pompano Joe

pompano joe

Quote from: handi2 on February 15, 2014, 01:22:28 AM
Joe I found you a Pro Gear 545..!! It's being shipped to me soon.

You're the man Keith!  Can't wait to see it.

Pompano Joe

stoked4fishin

Thanks!  Please let me know what you find out.

Shark Hunter

Every time I look at this reel Joe, I want to build one just like it! ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Hey good job.  If I owned a reel that looked like that I would use it as my avatar.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.