Babe Ruth's 16/0

Started by Shark Hunter, January 27, 2014, 03:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

If that was his, it looks to still be in awesome shape.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

BMITCH

Unfortunately the paper trail is a little weak at best. Neat to think he may have owned it though. $2500 could buy a lot of 9/0's,10/0's and 12/0's though daron. Unique item.
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

His feedback rating is whats hurting him. I wouldn't drop that much money on it. I just thought it was Cool. 8)
Life is Good!

Makule

"Babe Ruth" was his baseball name.  His name was actually George Herman, Jr.  It seems unlikely that he would have anything listed as, "B. Ruth".  It would either be George Herman or Babe Ruth.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

kmstorm64

Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Aiala

For 2500 bucks I'd rather go on an 8-day and bring my own gear. With provenance, of course.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

otownjoe

The story doesn't match up.he claims its never been used "not even one time"" since the babe dropped it off yet it appears the reel has mono on it.

seaeagle2

This is like the Seinfeld episode where George buys a car that was owned by Jon Voigh. The   notarized provenance is so vague.  I googled Babe Ruth fishing, and there is a picture of him and Lou Gehrig, but it looks like a posed picture, not a avid fisherman type picture....
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson