Bearing housing, Accurate Jigmaster plates

Started by Snagged2, November 14, 2011, 04:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchet

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 22, 2011, 01:01:46 PM
Here is a shot of cup that you could adjust with your fingers, Just in case you where interested in making something like it. Either one would help though.
Thanks.  Sal

Sal,

Was that adjustable cup from Accurate or was it custom made?  That one is nice.

Alto Mare

It is an Accurate cup, it came on a reel that had Accurate Fishing Product written on the edge of the left side  plate. The length of the adjustable cup is 13.40 mm, the length of the slotted cup is 8.40 mm, the threads are the same on both, appro. 4.60 mm.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Snagged2

The Knurled bearing cups would Greatly interest me,,, for both the Accurate plates, and also stock Penn plates as well.

I've been inquiring locally with some machinists,, and, they just stop talking, and back slowly away...

Alto Mare

Snagged2, lets all get on it. I think that Tom from Cortez-Conversions could make them for us. Guys think about it, the adjustable cups are hard to come by and they're really sweet to use.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Quote...they just stop talking, and back slowly away...
;D  I know what you mean!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Quote from: redsetta on November 24, 2011, 08:21:00 PM
Quote...they just stop talking, and back slowly away...
;D  I know what you mean!

We don't have that problem here Justin. Get in  with me, you and some other guys here, so we can get Tom from Cortez-Conversions to make us some ;).

Tom, I could send you that cup if you need me too. Just send it back to me with my order when you're done with it.

Cortez_Conversions

So I just Ebayed an Accurate kitted jigmaster, I'll let you know what I come up with. I'll have shop time around the end of the month. The only problem is we are expecting a new CNC mill that week!!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Tightlines667

I know this is a jigmaster thread, but anyone have any leads on how to obtain both (rt&lft) bearing cups and bearings for a full accurate conversion 113 narrow?  One of the local repair shops is having trouble finding them w/o buying full plates.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Aiala

Luckily for me Bryan the Magnificent is currently replacing the bearings in my old Jigmaster Accuplate housings; still, I would gladly purchase several spare sets if they ever become available.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Bryan Young

Aiala, bearings were good. Just cleaned and lubed with TSI301. Will be on its way back on Tuesday because of the holiday.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Aiala

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 16, 2014, 06:26:42 PM
Aiala, bearings were good. Just cleaned and lubed with TSI301. Will be on its way back on Tuesday because of the holiday.

Mah-valous, Bryan! Thank you sooo much.   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D