Sea Fishing In Wales: 2013

Started by Fish-aholic, February 10, 2014, 01:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fish-aholic

Hi guys, I just wanted to share my annual fishing compilation video: Sea Fishing In Wales: 2013. I hope the music choice doesn't effect your view ability due to copyright infringement. If you don't like the music, you can always turn it down.  ;D

Our shore fishing isn't the greatest size wise, but I hope you enjoy something a little different.

Steve.

A few shots:

Frank

WOW!!! Those are some monster eels!!! Thanks for sharing.
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

alantani

you know, i would be afraid to get near any of these.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MFB

Nice video, nearly as good as an All Blacks vs Wales test :)

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

DaBigOno

Thanks for sharing.  I loved the pic of the sun through the guide!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

BMITCH

Fish-aholic, you are one happy guy! Great video. What is kept for the table and what is released to fight another day? The dog fish over here are protected and regulated.they are a PITA. There are sooooomany of them. Do you guys eat them? I hear they use them for fish and chips. How about those monster eel's. This is way cool. Thanks for sharing?
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

bluefish69

On Long Island we call the Eels - Silver Eels. People eat them when skinned. They are great bait for Tile Fish.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Fish-aholic

Thanks for watching, guys!

Mark, I find myself drowning my sorrows with a pint after the All Blacks have steam rolled us.  :D

Bob, when catching your targeted quarry always makes me smile (happy just to be fishing, really). They say it takes more muscles to frown, something that large eel nearly made me do when holding it up for a pic, but I managed a wince. I'm predominantly practice catch & release (fish botherer), though I like to keep the odd cod/small bass (sub 4lb being slow growing). Unfortunately the Atlantic cod stocks are very poor here at the moment so I don't get to catch any sizeable ones unless I travel. Taking your quarry home can be hard work at times because we have marks where you need to walk 40 minutes at least to get to them (no road access). Include carrying up to 15kg's of weight, it can make retaining fish more difficult and being in Wales, the walks are mostly up hills.  :o

Bluefish, we also have the smaller common/silver eels - they make a delicacy called jellied eels out of them. Yuck!

Steve.

surfcaster

That was cool! It's fun to see what types of fish are caught in other parts.
We have some skates & dogfish That are simillar to those here in NE

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on February 10, 2014, 05:47:43 AM
you know, i would be afraid to get near any of these.   ;D

Unagiphobic.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Mike, I hear of some conger eels being caught on wreck trips in the winter here in the NE. I knew they got big but these are larger than I thought. I ain't taken that off the hook. Thing would wrap around you and slime ya.ewww
luck is the residue of design.

bluefish69

Conga Eels here are also called Pout or Joey Browns & you can eat them also. I was told growing up that you steam, cut into pieces & fried. I don't think there is anything coming out of the ocean that can't be eaten.

Fish-aholic

Quote from: BMITCH on February 10, 2014, 11:23:39 PM
Mike, I hear of some conger eels being caught on wreck trips in the winter here in the NE. I knew they got big but these are larger than I thought. I ain't taken that off the hook. Thing would wrap around you and slime ya.ewww

Have a look at the beasts they catch from the wrecks here: http://bigfishesoftheworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/conger-eel-conger-conger.html The current shore record stands at a mere 68lb :o Make mine look like a tooth pic   :D

bluefish69

I'm sure your Conga & our Silver Eel are related somewhere along the line.